Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    santans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 10:26 PM
    Short circuit making current and breaking current?
    What is the difference between short circuit making current and short circuit breaking current of switch-gears?
    Is short circuit making current and short circuit making capacity same?
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 24, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Short circuit making current is the actual current that would flow if you shorted the energized conductor to ground. This is determined by the voltage driving the circuit and the circuits total impedance. The short circuit capacity is the maximum amount of short circuit current that the switchgear is able to safely and mechanically interrupt without failing or blowing up. Hope this helps.
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2011, 09:02 AM
    Short circuit making current should be the high current which would flow if you switch on a circuit with a fault in it
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2011, 07:47 PM
    Short circuit making current should be more severe than SC breaking current. But in both cases transients takes place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate the short time current rating for current transformer? [ 4 Answers ]

Respected sir's, Please clear my doubts? How to calculate the "short time current rating"(i.e-primary short time current rating-like if u take 400-400/5-15va/class1,40ka/3sec). 40ka/3sec-how to calculate this rating from the substation? Is there any formula?please advise me... ...

How to calculate short circuit current [ 1 Answers ]

How to calculate short ckt. Current for circuit breaker on panel.

How to calculate the dc short circuit current for a dc system [ 3 Answers ]

I have a battery string of 60 single cell batteries making up our 125VDC main station service for our power plant. Each battery is rated as follows: Lead-calcium type storage batteries, Exide F, FTC-15 , Cat. no. 73336, Nominal capacity 1180AmpHr, 1.205-1.220 specific gravity at 25 degrees Celsius...

Short circuit current calculation in dc system [ 0 Answers ]

How do we calculate short circuit current in dc system?

Short circuit current fault [ 1 Answers ]

I have quite a simple system. Contains one substation, feeder pillar and 3 houses. I have calculated the short circuit current that the transfromer in the substation can deliver but is there any one that can help me with finding the equations to calculate the short circuit current level supplied by...

View more questions Search