Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjseara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 07:44 PM
    Packets received, but 0 packets sent (!)
    It's strange, but this is what is happening on my network. The opposite of the vast majority of problems on the forums around the web, who have packets sent but not received. I have a built-in wireless network on my laptop. I am running windows firewall with normal settings. Other computers on the same network in my house are working right now. Maybe someone can help me?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Dec 27, 2011, 08:16 AM
    Can you ping your router from the laptop? Can you ping an external site?
    Sorry I am not a windows user so I am not comfortable walking you through the wireless setup. What operating system are you using?
    mandrea09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 07:06 PM
    I would try repairing the connection of your wireless adapter. If windows xp, there is a network icon down in your system tray by your clock, just right click and choose repair and it will go through and try to repair the connection. If windows 7, right click on network icon by your clock, and then choose troubleshoot problems and it will try and repair the connection as well. It could just simply be an ip address conflict and usually running repair will flush the dns cache out and refresh your ip address. After you have done this, try pinging the router address or going to external website to see if you are able to access everything OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Send Packets, Cannot Receive Packets [ 8 Answers ]

Hello 2 hours ago, my laptop was working just fine. Windows then decided to install some automatic updates when I went to shut down. After shutting down and powering back up, my laptop's internet was shot - I cannot connect to any external sites, and cannot even connect to the router. I've...

Packets sent but none received. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Bro I have same Exactly Same Problem in my Office Computer and I did same all Troubleshooting but Result nothing. As far as my Experience is concern with network I think its On board LAN Problem.Because all I did but still same Problem. My Experience says its on board LAN Manufacturing Problem....

Zero received packets [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, hi I've a problem I have a single wired connection that I use separately on my desktop and my laptop Of course ip and dns settings are the same on both So same settings , same connection and same windows xp Here is the thing, I work most of the time on the laptop After a while...

Packets sent but none received [ 6 Answers ]

I have a huge dilemma. I know something about networking but I have never seen something like this. I will write down what was, is and I already tried. First what was: I have a PC with 2 network cards, one onboard and one on PCI. On the PCi network card the internet cable is plugged in. The...

Not receiving packets. Packets sent 0 received [ 2 Answers ]

My wireles network set up and my signal is excellent but when I clkick on the connection computer in the right lower corner I see that I am not receiving any packets. My other lap top is working just fine

View more questions Search