Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonitino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 05:14 PM
    I unplugged my living room television. Now I have no power in living room.
    I unpluged my living roon television now I have no poweer in living room
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2011, 05:31 PM
    I would check the breakers, and have some one check the receptacle it was plugged into. May have disturbed something barely hanging on(nicking during stripping may have influenced a break).
    This is particularly where the box did not have pigtails, but are dependent on the receptacle to carry on. Acceptable, Code, But Not Good.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 20, 2011, 09:16 PM
    Yep, I agree, many problems with backstab receptacles. Start there and also comfirm power to the receptacle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have odd floor,sunken living room and family room and want it all one level [ 3 Answers ]

My living room and family room are sunken with ceramic tile on top, How would I make it one leverl?

Color of Living Room [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a 1325 sq ft condo. I want to paint my living room dining room and hallway in a Deep red w/trim in white on baseboards crown molding and fireplace. Everyone seems to be telling me that if I paint this red it will make the room look smaller. Any suggestions?

No power going to 1 outlet in living room [ 13 Answers ]

I have a outlet in my house that doesn't work. It seems to be the only one. I need to get this fixed because I am selling the house and everything needs to be in working condition. I tried testing the plug in to see if there was any power going to it and there doesn't seem to be. I tried hitting...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Washing machine fried two outlets and lost power in living room [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm not very informed on the electrical workings of a house so please bear with me! Last night my washing machine, located in the laundry room of the basement stopped working. It had been working perfectly up until then. I tested the dryer next to it and it worked and everything...

View more questions Search