Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nizel98 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 04:21 PM
    Breeding rabbit
    Hey, well I'm 14 next year and I have got a 1O week old baby rabbit, she's gorgeous! And I was planning on breeding her. I looked up breeding rabbits, and read everything, obviously she can't breed till she's older, but I suppose it gives me more time to look up and learn! Then, once reading your comments and other things what could go wrong.. I think its made me think a little:/ could you give me some advice please? Stuck on what to do? I don't want too shorten her life or make her hurt herself?xx
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 03:27 PM
    There are already thousands... millions of rabbits who are in need of homes. Breeding her will in fact shorten her life and leave her susceptible to ovarian/mammary cancers. Unaltered rabbits are less tame, and less of a family pet.

I think you should really consider having her desexed and keep her as a friendly, healthy house pet.

Good luck!

Dec 22, 2011, 03:30 PM
    Thank you! This comment really put everything straight for me!xxxx
    Dogs Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 08:52 PM
    Awesome news! Happy we could help! :) We love pictures ;)

Dec 23, 2011, 05:19 AM
    Here's my gorgeous holly!<3
    Attached Images

Dogs Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 07:13 AM
    Oh she is GORGEOUS!! Beautiful and snuggly!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Now I want a bunny too! All I have are cats who can't wiggle their noses (although they do their best to look adorable).
    Dogs Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 07:20 AM
    We could put bunny ears on your kitties WG!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2011, 09:10 AM
    OMG she is adorable! Love the color!

I had my female rabbit desexed a few years ago and couldn't be happier with the choice, she was much calmer and a lot less grumpy afterwards.

Dec 23, 2011, 10:53 AM
    She snuggles up to me when I'm watching telly on my bed and just falls asleep on my leg:') could anyone help me out on how to get my bunny desexed?

Dec 23, 2011, 10:57 AM
    And how much it cost's?xxx
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2011, 10:01 PM
    From memory it was around $120 but I'm in Australia, it's not cheap, but well worth it when you consider the average unaltered rabbit lives around 4-6 years, while a desexed rabbit can live up to 12.

I had my male bunny neutered for $70. Any operation carries a risk and it's best to seek out a vet who is experienced in dealing with rabbits as they do have a delicate respiratory system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My rabbit keeps breeding [ 2 Answers ]

My female rabbit is giving litters upon litters and that is what making me sad because each time I see her she doesn't seem so healthy as before she has given another pair of litters and fortunately they all were healthy and did not die but what do I do to stop this?

I need some info on rabbit breeding, please [ 5 Answers ]

I have a doe who I think is around 2 weeks pregnant and just really need some info as I have no idea what I'm doing and my local vet was not very helpful Thank you

After Breeding. [ 16 Answers ]

My female mated three times. Every other day But after they got done she peed it happened two out of the three times. Could she still have got pregnant or did she pee all the sperm out ?:confused:

I'm a firt time rabbit and is a rabbit OK in the weather where I live? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked in book and the internet and I've nothing I would like to know if I could keep a rabbit outside in when its warm and then bring him in when its cold because I'm afraid the weather where I live is to cold for him:confused:

Breeding [ 7 Answers ]

If My Pitbull tied with my golden retriever and then the next day tied with a lab what would the pups be. Is it possible to have pups from both the GR and Lab?

View more questions Search