Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beltrank1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 11:08 PM
    Repair leakage in stone foundation
    I have a stone foundation and water comes in 24/7. I have to repair it some how. Any cheap ideas how to fix it?
    tommybwiz Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Would need to know a little more about the problem. There is a product called RedGard that can be used to seal over stone, concrete, etc. but don't know if it would work in your situation.
    Beltrank1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 10:47 PM
    The hole is about 3 inches in diameter and it stays wet about 90% of the time.
    tommybwiz Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Try hydraulic cement. It should be available at most building supply houses. It works very well for filling that type of hole. Good luck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
    If you have one hole 3" in diameter it is likely you have many other cracks too. Hydralic cement is a great suggestion for the hole Google but be prepared for other sealing products for small cracks. Here is just one DIY Basement Sealing, Basement & Foundation Waterproofing System, Waterproof Your Basement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to lay flag stone on a stove Hearth over cement board 1 in. Stone [ 1 Answers ]

I'am building a 20sq. ft. raised hearth for a woodstove. I put down 3/4 plywood. I'am going to put down cement board for fire code. What do I need to lay 1 in. flagstone over this./ mortor mix/ sand?

How to repair big cracks on foundation wall [ 1 Answers ]

As recently we have replace our old house rain drain. After digging, We notice there are several huge crack on the foundation wall. Some of It even close to an inch. Also there was a ( I shape ) Industry long 25 ft Long Steel Metal to holding up one of the side of our old house. In Order hold...

Foundation Repair/Patch [ 1 Answers ]

I have just demo-ed the old forced air furnace that was installed in a shed like structure on the exterior of my home in San Diego. I need to patch the 18" x 24" opening in the poured concrete foundation (circa 1965) used by the cold air return. Any advise?

Parging stone foundation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for parging an old stone foundation? And how far should I go down?

View more questions Search