Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lika93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 07:17 PM
    A major loss in my life
    There was this boy , we both had a HUGE MAJOR crush on each other and last year on my birthday my mom told me he had been murdered , it's been a year and I still think about him constantly and cry I can't really get over it and I don't know if this is common or what I should do to keep moving forward and accept that he's gone .
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Time will heal part of the wound. But like any wound you will carry the scar with you for a lifetime. Its always the toughest at the beginning and the first year is a hurrdle we all must get through. Its never easy when you care for someone. Allow yourself to know this. You will carry him forward through your years. The fact that you brought joy to each other is reason to celebrate not remorse over. He will be missed. But as your life continues you already have a benchmark for empathy. You have been there and done that. Show strengh. Your journey will get better. Its not that your pain goes away but it's a matter of dealing with it. It is not something to dwell on. There will always be those times and its not shameful or weak to cry. It is actually part of the process of letting go. Other feelings can crop up and be normal too like anger or resentment. I hope you have someone you can share with so as you come to crossroads you can meet them head on. Its normal what your going through.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2011, 08:35 PM
    Besides having a "crush" you did not say if you dated, how old you are and how involved your relationship was.

But you find ways to live and honor his memory, but you don't let that memory control your life. Death is a part of life, we are all born, and at some point we all die. Learning to deal with the death of others is hard and we all deal differently. My first wife was shot to death, the last words I told her were not nice. Never can take those back. Not saying they were not true words, but still feel bad they were the last words.

But I also know she would want my life to go on, and that she would want my life to be happy. So I go on for her in some ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I sell my partnership for a loss can I claim it as a loss? [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a llc partnership and we were taxed as an S corp.So every year each shareholder filed an 1120(s)k-1. The business went south and I sold my shares back to the other owners effective Jan 1st 2010. I had to pay to get out because the business was "upside down" and had a lot of debt. The...

Can I treat carryover loss as ordinary loss in the coming tax year? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I treat carryover loss as ordinary loss in the coming tax year?

Loss Deduction: Can a loss from an inherited residence be deducted for taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

Loss deduction: Can a loss from the sale of inherited property be deducted for federal taxes?

Instant loss of sex life. [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old handsome fit male who recently became married to a beautiful 28 year old fit female. We began dating in January and were married in July. In the pre-engagement stages of our relation ship we enjoyed each others company, made each other smile and were having wonderful...

Worst Loss of Life at Sea [ 4 Answers ]

Although ships like Titanic, Lusitania, etc are better known, I believe the single worst loss of life at sea was a German ocean liner near the end of world war II. Does anyone know the name of this vessel, and where it occurred?

View more questions Search