Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackiestoddard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 08:42 AM
    What's proper
    My boyfriend's mother is having Christmas dinner which usually included only him, my son, and me. Unfortunately, my son's girlfriend is pregnant. Is it right or wrong to ask if she is welcome?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2011, 09:15 AM
    No... the host always does the inviting... not the guests.

You are invited as you are the Girlfriend of her son... your sons girlfriend is nothing to her.

That's like a friend or your friend that you don't even know.

But personally... I wouldn't even ask... because #1, its putting her on the spot... and #2 your sons girlfriend is really nothing to her at this point, #3 She is having it, she is paying for it, she should do all of the inviting. Anyone she didn't specifically ask... isn't assumed to be invited.

What you could do is have your boyfriend ask his mom... if you did it you would come across as pretentious.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Your son needs to call her and politely say he can't go, and he and his girlfriend need to have dinner with each other this year.
    If the mother presses the issue, he can say why he can't go.
    If she THEN invites both of them, fine.

Next year you can invite your boyfriend's mother to your place, and include everybody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper alphabetization of a proper name [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to file this proper name? Beatrice de Clermont Tonnerre

Proper way to thank a Dr [ 7 Answers ]

What would be an appropriate way to thank my Dr who did a wonderful and life-changing surgery for me? I am so elated and feel an absolute need to express my gratitude. I plan to give a gift basket of candies and some other "girlie" things to his staff who are all women, and thank him separately...

How to get proper beard [ 1 Answers ]

Am 23 years(Male) now,but till now I don't have proper beared in my face.So am not looking as beatuiful as my other friends.I also have very littile hair through my body.my father also noy have so much beared. How can I get perfect beared,pleasen help me out. ...

Proper Thank You [ 5 Answers ]

Hello~ My 13 yr old daughters friend and family has taken her on an all expense paid 4 day trip to Disneyland including an hours air faire. They are paying for EVERYTHING including an expensive hotel stay. How do I possible thank them for this?:confused:

View more questions Search