Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fantastic_Guy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2004, 07:29 PM
    Win Media Player Font Problem
    Hi All,

I am new here. Nice to meet you all. Ok, I am on Win98SE. I use Windows Media Player 7.1. It is recently giving me some font problem. To be exact, the buttons on the left, that turn blue when the mouse pointer moves over them, show me small boxes instead of the letters. Same thing happens with many captions on MS Reader. Even in SwishMAX I cannot use others fonts except for standard Windows fonts like arial, times new roman, verdana etc. Again the boxes appear instead of characters. I don't know the reason why did this thing start. But I have a hunch it surfaced after I downloaded some font that enabled me to see Google Search in my native language. Now, I don't remember what font I d/l & I have got hundreds of fonts.

Your help is eagerly awaited & greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Guy.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2004, 07:59 AM
    Fonts issue
    HI,
    I also use Win98SE; and am very familiar with Fonts.
    I am afraid to ask this, but did you back up your Fonts?
    I have a CD burner, and go to C/windows/fonts, then burn them to a CD-R every so often. The reason being that 98SE sometimes messes up fonts!
    I use WMP 6.4; cause it works better with 98SE than any other version I've ever tried.
    But to your problem, have you tried re-installing WMP 7.1?
    I keep a Program Installation folder at c/program installations.
    There, I keep the .exe installation files for many programs. All I have to do is to left double click on whatever I want to install.
    Try re-installing WMP; it might work.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Fantastic_Guy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2004, 10:48 AM
    Thanks but...
    Yea me to I have an installation folder. I tried to re-install WMP already be4 but had not worked as well. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virfound in Media Player [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya All Has anyone seen this before? Went into Media Player, scrolling down my music and saw track "virfound" hadn't seen this before so clicked on it. "Stephen Hawkins" type voice said "Caution a virus has been detected". I got rid of it, but couldn't find it again, went into search and this...

Windows Media Player [ 1 Answers ]

I am very confused and every link WMP has doesn't solve my problem. I want to arrange my music library in order of either artist A-Z, or song title A-Z. How can I do this, and if you can, give me step by step info? I've tried what I could and so far nothing. I really appreciate your help.

AOL media player [ 8 Answers ]

Help every time I try to play downloadable movies off sites AOL media player will come up and it won't let me use windows media player... does anyone know how to solve this problem or delete AOL media player... thanks

View more questions Search