Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiangting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 04:52 AM
    7 year old black tooth?
    My 7-year old girl has her front permanent teeth turning into black on the back, is that a serious problem? What should we do in terms of treatment and perventing further deep blackening? Thank you!
    new_dentist Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
    Hello jiangting

We have 2 types of tooth discolorations

First 1 : external stains... and this type we can remove it by simple polishing and scaling .

Second 1 : internal stains... this type caused by systemic factors ( like flourosis stains ) and we treat this type by bleaching or veneer layer

You should to visit a dental clinic to determine stain type .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday I discovered that the bottom part of one of my lower teeth, the one that my partial is clipped on to, has turned black. Why? Does this mean the tooth has died?

Black spot on tooth [ 4 Answers ]

I just noticed a little black spot on my very back tooth on the outer side next to my cheek, it seems like there's a very small pit there but cannot be sure since the point of the toothpick sometimes hit it and sometimes didn't seem to hit anything. Is there a chance whatever it is will fill in on...

My 4 year old has a loose tooth! [ 4 Answers ]

Should we be too concerned? Does this happen a lot? This weekend my husband and I discovered that our 4 1/2 year old son has a loose tooth. Now, he has had no trauma to the tooth. This is one of the bottom two teeth. (First in, First out) He also got the tooth at 6 months of age. So...

Inadequate ever since day one.black tooth [ 12 Answers ]

Well I am writing on here cause its private and I can get the opinions from others I can't get from face to face confrontations. I am 21 years old... I know others have it so much worse than I do but frankley I feel pretty low on the totem pole myself. I have never lost anyone close to me I am...

7 year old's baby tooth is loose but turning black [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old has a loose front tooth that is turning black. Is this normal? Thanks.

View more questions Search