Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherub963 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 10:40 PM
    Do World War II Bomb Hits Fit a Poisson Distribution?
    In analyzing hits by V-1 buzz bombs in World War II, South London was subdivided into regions, each with an area of 0.25 km2. Shown below is a table of actual frequencies of hits and the frequencies expected with the Poisson distribution. ( The Poisson distribution is described in Section 5-5.) Use the values listed and a 0.05 significance level to test the claim that the actual frequencies fit a Poison distribution.

Check out some similar questions!

Poisson distribution with parameter lander then E(X)=VAR (X)= LANDER [ 2 Answers ]

show that if a random variable (x) has a poisson distribution with parameter (lander),i.e. x~p(0) then e(x)=var(x)

Poisson Distribution [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone please suggest on this problem on Poisson Distribution .The problem is that the population in a city is 30000 and that 0.. 1 in each 1000 of the case the accident occurs at random so this is a Poisson Dist. with Lambda = 0.0001*30000=3. One way in which this rate can change is -...

World War two prisnor of war camps [ 4 Answers ]

There was movie I saw, back in like the early 70's. The story line was a prisnor of war camp along the German/Swiss border or German/Austrian border. The POW's build a glider and launch it from the ridge of the top floor roof, using a tub that is dropped from several stories to provided the...

How much would a nuke bomb cost for the war? [ 1 Answers ]

I was playing my new game Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and when I died, it said these exact words almost, "a nuke bomb for the war=$2.2 million, and I was just wondering if that was true.:confused: ps, I know this is the wrong place to post this, but I couldn't find the right place, I looked for...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.