Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbtjudge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 10:32 PM
    Why is sugar included in chili recipes?
    Sugar is added to so many recipes I do not understand why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 19, 2011, 12:59 AM
    Sugar can help bring flavours to the fore, for example chili and Tomato.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 19, 2011, 11:01 AM
    Sugar can also "tame" the acidic tastes of things like tomatoes. A teaspoon of sugar to a tomato sauce really brings out the flavors with out it being too overly tomatoish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to lose weight... Help me with recipes. Vegan, wheat, fat and sugar free? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm vegan but am currently trying to lose weight. I need to eliminate bad fats, sugar and wheat and gluten. If ny1 has recipe ideas id appreciate it :)

Chili [ 7 Answers ]

How to make chili with beef and macoroni

Should grams of splenda be included in the 40 grams per day of sugar ? [ 7 Answers ]

I need to reduce my sugar intake. Do splenda grams count toward the 40 grams of sugar per day ? Thanks.

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Chili [ 5 Answers ]

What is your fave basic recipe for chili? (I always seem to think about chili around this time of year) I say basic cause I have seen recipes with chocolate !~~YUGGH Also I was getting tired of not being able to make a good pot of spaghetti for years Especially the noodles. Then a friend of...

View more questions Search