Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsoobsoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
    Two computers on a wireless network as server-client?
    All:

Title:
    2 computers on a Netgear wireless Router actning as Sever/Client

Two computers on Netgear Router. One is a linux box with Fedora 14
    The other one is a Win PC with a Windows 7 Home Preminum (64 bit).
    I would like to make Linux box the server and the Win PC the client.
    I would like work on the files on the linux box from my Win PC.
    Could you please help me.
    Thanks
    Bsoo
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 18, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Simple enough just set up Samba on the Linux box and allow file sharing.
    It doesn't need to be server/client for this to happen..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

How do I network virtual machines in a client/server configuration? [ 2 Answers ]

Currently, on my host machine I am running Windows 7. I have VirtualBox installed, and I'm trying to network Windows 2003 and Windows XP as virtual machines. Is this possible? I've set up the Domain Controller which is (10.0.0.2), but when I try to connect Windows XP (10.0.0.3) it is unable to find...

Wireless Network Adapter not showing up in Virtual Server! [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the breakdown: I have Virtual PC 2007 I have Windows Server 2003 installed When I go into Network adapters (on the virtual PC) my Wirless Card is not being shown. I have enabled Virtual Services on the adapter via Network and Sharing Center/Manage Network Connections/My...

How to connect two computers together by a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be in details... My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition.. the other computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room.. my wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and...

View more questions Search