Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kriss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Depression illinesses
    Does anyone know what type of depression this could be?
    I have all the symptoms of depression, plus at times I have enery, then I don't, my thoughts do race, than not, I either sleep too much or not at all. I fit both bipolar and regular depression, is this strange or is it all part of depression? My doctor thinks that I just have depression but I think there could be more and nothing is causing this , life was normal before the age of 12 than I started to cry all the time, now in my late 40's it is still there and irritable at times at anything. Can someone suggest something ? Thanks:) :)
    blueshadow_393 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
    I think you might have Manic depression, try this link and see if you have these symptoms.
    Manic Depression - Information from Reference.com
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Another good resource is: NIMH: National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Home Page

If you feel your doctor is not helping you, ask for a second opinion and/or ask to be referred to a psychiatrist who can properly diagnose and treat you. Best of all to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

Name some of the pro's and con's of lifestyle changes verses medication in the treatment of depression?

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

Depression? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a best friend who is depressed or I believe is depressed we tell each other prettymuch everything if she talks about depressed things listening to her over and over pretty much the same thing over and over worrying about her and everything in my life make me depressed to :confused:

Depression or What? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been sad for almost a year or so. I don't know if that calls "depression". I cry very often, and I hate seeing people around. When I think of my family and my friend (if I even have one), I'll be very disappointed. Everyone in my family is married except me and my second whom already had a...

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been dumped by my longterm partner and have been seriously depressed since. I cannot manage to eat hardly anything, I'm tetchy, irritable, have difficulty sleeping, have nightmares when I do sleep, can't get up in the morning, and I have times when I can only cry, I usually end up...

View more questions Search