Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Dec 16, 2011, 06:47 PM
    Etiquette: How to Address an Envelope
    I want to send a holiday card to my dentist and her husband. She uses her maiden name (I am friendly enough
    That I call her by her first name)
    Anyway, I want to send the card to her home. I will make up their names but this is my dilemma.

Do I address the envelope Dr. Rita Smith
    And under it Mr. John Blane

I can't do Mr and Mrs. Because she is Dr. Smith... it's so awkward. Would appreciate your advice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 06:51 PM
    Dr. Rita Smith and Mr. John Blane (on one line, if possible)

Robert Hickey's Blog on How to Write Joint Forms of Address

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Push the envelope [ 3 Answers ]

I was surprised at how many posts I had seen about ETG testing. Much of it has been useful but I have not seen anything on how much or little metabolism can play a role. The closest I have pushed is 4 beers about 40 hours before an ETG and passed. I do not do this often because I do make an honest...

Envelope size? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm making my wedding invitations, and the minimum size envelope I can use for the reply cards is: 140mm x 90mm. I'm having a terrible time finding white envelopes this size! Does anyone know where they are available online, or what the standard name for this size of envelope is called? Thanks...

Inner envelope necessary? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys Quick question for you: Are inner envelopes really necessary? Our wedding is on a Saturday night but not a black tie super formal so I'm thinking of skipping the inner envelope - also because it would save paper and keep the postage at 41c.. What do you think? Is it a mistake? Thank...

Envelope jobs [ 3 Answers ]

Our there any real envelope stuffing jobs

View more questions Search