Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrman212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
    How to get over your baby momma
    I'm 24 and don't normally have this problem but... I have a son that's about to turn 1. His mother and I met in college about 5 or 6 years ago and had friendly sex on and off through the years well as you can see we had a child. So when I found out she was pregnant about 6 months into the pregnancy I realized I kind of had feelings for her at this time.

We were not talking to each other just e-mail (yes I know). So after she had the baby about 2 months later we decide to talk and it escalated into a relationship which led into me moving to her state with her and her parents for us to get established and all. So we decided to get married BUT we didn't thank goodness and ever since then everything has been downhill. We started arguing more, she started to say things to trigger anger out of me that I never really showed, she got offended by a few things I said a few times and in the end she says she can't be with someone who's verbally abusive.

I love this woman with everything in me and I'm not sure where we go from here, we have broken up 2 or 3 times before and she's gave me chances now she's saying we are just better off being friends but I deep down inside I know that we both are capable of making this work. But at this point she will not give me any conversation that doesn't involve our son, I really don't know where to go from here... can somebody give me some insight... please!
    Tjohn2008 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Okay as a "baby mama" I can tell you its best to just give her the space she wants. If she loves you as much as you love her just give her the space and since you guys have a child together more than likely she'll get softer as your son will want and need you around.Sometimes we just need the space to get our heads together. I say for you to start dating casually but be as available as possible for them. She'll come around eventually.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
    If she wants to be friends and nothing more your feelings on the subject matter little. You can't make someone be with you and/or love you.

I think you need to move on. Support your child (which I trust you are doing), visit with the child and separate your relationship with the child from your relationship with the mother.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Be a good dad and work with your baby mama for what's best for the child.

BUT get your own life without her. You better do it her way, as you sure can't make her do it YOURS!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting along with Baby Momma you still love [ 10 Answers ]

My baby's mother and I recently broke up after 4 years and I can't seem to get over it. I have done everything possible to be with her she's means so much to me and I love her. I have to see her because of our son and get emotional sometimes when this happens. I donno why I do this I tell myself...

Baby momma [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question hopefully can get answers or ideas. Ok the mother of my 9 month old, we tired to work things being together just fights after fight. We recently stop talking and trying to work things out. So a month after that she tells me she is dating another guy, and possible likes him a lot...

Baby momma dramra [ 8 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for 3 years now and about July of 07' we split up just to see if we were meant to be together. Eventually we got back with each other Jan 0f 08', but while we were split up he got another woman pregnant. She is due in July and he is in MO at basic training but he wants to...

Baby momma drama [ 2 Answers ]

Two years ago I met a guy at work and found out that he was married but he told me that things were not working out of course. Well I had just came out of a really abusive relationship and needed to get over my ex quick because I kept going back to him because I did not want to be lonely. To make...

Baby momma drama. [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I have been with my boyfriend for a year now.. im 18 years old and he is 22. He has a child that just turned three and the mother is two-faced. At the beginning of our relationship she didn't get the concept about him being in love with another worman and she was no longer in the picture...

View more questions Search