Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 09:57 PM
    Can you solve this problem for me?
    If a high-speed industrial drill with the diameter of 42 in and a torque of 15 lb-ft develops a power of 2.8 hp. a) what is the speed of the drill in RPM? b) what is the force?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 06:56 AM
    I won't solve it for you, but I'll show you how to do it:

a) Power = torque times rotational speed. You know the power and torque, so solve for rotational speed. You'll have to use the conversion factor 1 HP = 550 ft-lb/s.

b) Torque = force times radius. Solve for force.
    bhamman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2014, 12:37 PM
    Help me solve this problem, I am totally lost
    -5c+9c =-20

-5c+9c=-20
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 12:43 PM
    To get started, do you know what -5+9 equals? Hence, what does -5c+9c equal?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 12:44 PM
    Um think about it this way.

First thing is to look at the terms 5c and 9c. Those equate to (c+c+c+c+c) and (c+c+c+c+c+c+c+c+c). The 5 and the 9 are the number of c you have. So you can add the numbers in front of the variable. Then you have a number of c that will equal -20. So if you divide each side by the number you c you have after you've added the two numbers together you will get your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I solve this problem?Thanks. [ 1 Answers ]

Department R had 5,000 units in work in process that were 75% completed as to labor and overhead at the beginning of the period, 30,000 units of direct materials were added during the period, 32,000 units were completed during the period, and 3,000 units were 40% completed as to labor and overhead...

Help me solve this problem [ 1 Answers ]

slove 5(-4x) 7x<4(7 4x)

Solve problem [ 1 Answers ]

Please I need you all help to answer this problem and thanks 1-Two table tennis balls hang with their centers 0.1m apart. The charge on ball A is 6x10-9C, and the charge on Ball B is 􏰃15x10-9 C. What is the force of attraction between the balls? 2- In an experiment using Coulomb's...

How to solve this problem ? [ 1 Answers ]

You are considering an investment in Keller Corps stock, which is expected to pay a dividend of $2.75 a share at the end of the year (D1 = $2.75) has a beta of 0.9. The risk-free rate is 4.9%, and the market risk premium is 4.7%. Keller currently sells for $32.00 a share, and its dividend is...

I need to know how to solve this problem? [ 1 Answers ]

Both dana and rachel push a heavy desk across the floor at the same time that glen and akemm pull on it. Dana and rachel exert the same forces. Glen pulls on the desk exerting a 150 N foce and akeem pulls exerting a 12 N force. There is also a 200 N friction force exerted on the desk. The net force...

View more questions Search