Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munch51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 07:31 PM
    Submersible deep well water pump
    I have a submersible deep well pump. Old pump quit working replaced with new pump supply line and pressure switch still no water you can hear pump run
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 15, 2011, 07:58 PM
    How deep is your well? Is there a chance your well has run dry?
    munch51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Well is about 160 feet well is not dry when pulling old pump wet supply line wet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2011, 06:44 AM
    Sounds like the intake's clogged or the pump isn't picking up prime for some reason. Unless one the other experts has something better I say pull the pump and put it in a wash tub full of water and turn it on to see why it isn't pumping. Is there something that was capped on the pump that you failed to remove? Let me know what you find. Good luck, Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2011, 06:55 AM
    I'm wondering if a checkvalve might have been installed backwards. Who installed the new pump?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Great answer by jlisenbe. My bad!
    Should have thought of that myself. Cheers, bTom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submersible water pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well with a submersible pump the water has fine sand and now it is just sucking up mud? Is my well dry?

Low pressure in 170 ft deep well through submersible pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed submersible pump 170 ft deep well for my bilding to store water in the overhead Tank (40 ft) . It was working well for the last 4 years . Now it works well i.e with desired pressure if the voltage is above 250 volts and it takes 7 amp current . However, if the voltage is below 230...

Low pressure in 170 ft deep well through submersible pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed submersible pump 170 ft deep well for my bilding to store water in the overhead Tank (40 ft) . It was working well for the last 4 years . Now it works well i.e with desired pressure if the voltage is above 250 volts and it takes 7 amp current . However, if the voltage is below 230...

In a 160 ft. Deep well with a submersible pump, pressure has gone from 60 to 45 psi [ 5 Answers ]

Water pressure began to degrade about 2 week ago the pump continued to run with pressure switch at 60PSI, reduced pressure switch to 55 ans it was OK, after 1 week pump could not achieve 55PSI. I dropped the pressure to 50PSI. It continues to degrade. Does this sound like a bad pump?

Submersible water pump [ 8 Answers ]

Our water comes from a deep well, and at this time we don't have enough water pressure. I was told that the submersible water pump needs to be replaced but I doubt because it is working. I would like to know how I can fix the problem, and if the pump needs to be pulled out then I need ideas of...

View more questions Search