Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonysca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 07:18 PM
    My daughter's mother hasn't seen her in over a year.
    I Live five blocks from her and have told her on many occasions I would bring her to her. The last time she seen her she sent her back to me. My daughter has lived with me since she was 2 and she is now six. Although I give her money every week for my other kids and see them when they arnt busy with school and their other friends. She hasn't bought cloths or anything in the time she has not seen her. What are my rights in regard to custody and is this considered abandonment.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 07:20 PM
    You go to Court and file for custody.

No, this is not abandonment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2011, 08:06 PM
    If you do not have legal custody you are opening yourself up for serious legal trouble. Also the money you pay, is it court ordered child support, this could be a serious legal issue.

Who has the court ordered custody NOW.

If you don't, have legal custody though the court, and if there is not court ordered support for all the children set, you need to be in court quickly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 16 year old daughter's violence towards me is terrifying. [ 7 Answers ]

She is at college, and getting good grades. She has a group of friends who all seem nice kids. But she is out of control at home. She got a part time job (4 hours on a Saturday) in a prestigious department store, went three times, then refused to go again, saying it was boring. She depends on me...

My two year old daughter's father agreed to give up parental rights... [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old daughter's father agreed to give up parental rights, but a couple months later changed his mind saying he's going to prove to me that he's father material. I've given him many, many chances. He has only seen her a couple times, and ever since the child support court date (over a...

Can someone's mother sue me for a bill that's in her daughter's ex husband's name? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in the state of Georgia and I am being sued. The defendant is a 31 tear old woman who is competent and can file on her own. Her mother filed for her and signed as the agent. Her mother has no degree and is not a member of a business or coroporation. Is this legal? She is suing me for...

Looking for my daughter, daughter's mother [ 5 Answers ]

I am in CA and can't find my daughter. She is here in the San Bernardino area but mom and her guy have different names, different family members houses in different names and so on. How can I find where they are, especially my daughter??

I don't Want My Daughter's Father Mother To Have Visitation Awarded [ 10 Answers ]

Hello my name is priscilla i live in n.y. i was with my daughter father for 3 e years and he was very abusive. Him and his mom when they found out i was pregnant wanted me to get an abortion and his mother was aware of all the physical and mental abuse i had a order of protection on him but it...

View more questions Search