Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chante75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Why do I have to be told no to sex all the time?
    My boyfriend and I have been friends for six years and then we entered a relationship. We have been together for 9 months now and out of the nine months he has only initiated sex maybe once or twice. Often times he flat out tells me no we are not doing "it". I feel rejected of course but I have to pretend that my feelings aren't hurt. He takes care of me with gifts and material things but I don't want that, I crave affection and to know he actually desires to have me. I am content, but not happy with this part of our relationship. I have talked to him so many times but now it has caused me to shut down emotionally with him.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 06:08 PM
    So, do the obvious... find someone new you are actually compatible with... or expect more of this for the rest of the time you spend together... its who he is... and its clear its not what you want. He's not going to change any more than you are.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 06:24 PM
    You are in a relationship. I don't think you need to pretend the lack of sex doesn't bother you.

There are many relationship hurdles, some big and some small. The secret is to TALK about them.

Ask him - don't accuse, ask.

Or, as Smoothy says, maybe it's time to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfrind told my little sister about our first time having sex, is that weird? [ 26 Answers ]

My boyfriend told my little sister about our first time having sex, is that weird? Should I be mad at him?

Girlfriend told me she needs "me time and time to think"... What does she mean? [ 6 Answers ]

So I have been dating this girl for about 2 1/2 months and it has been very good she says she loves me and I love her too but she recently told me that she needs "me time and time to think". What does she mean by this? She had someone close to her die a couple months ago (her ex) and its still...

I'm told he can't have sex [ 10 Answers ]

So this guy and I have been getting to know each other for about a month now. At first he was very sexual and constantly wanted sex and would get mad when I told him no. Now he just told me that he can't have sex due to very low testosterone levels(resulting from a really bad car crash). But...

View more questions Search