Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    childsupportnow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 03:42 PM
    I live in Georgia and my ex lives in Alabama, I file for child support through dhr
    Here. Since this is an interstate case, I've really been jumping through hooops. This has been going on for about 3 years now and I am sick of the run around. I have a contempt of court hearing in Alabama in march for the second time. He made a partial payment about 6 months ago to stay out of jail and has not made a payment since. Where should I file for child abandonment for child support in Georgia or Alabama?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 15, 2011, 05:36 PM
    You've already filed for child support haven't you? What you need to do is enforce that order. And that's not always easy if the non custodial parent wants to avoid it.

I'm sorry but I really have no advice for you other than to stick to it. If you file for abandonment (GA permits filing for abandonment when the NCP doesn't support their child), you still have the problem on how to collect.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2011, 05:54 PM
    You file everything in the court where you have the child support order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife lives in Colorado and I live in Georgia what address do we use for taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

I am living in Georgia while my wife is living in Colorado. It's inconvenient but necessary at this time. I have not purchased property in Georgia, but I do have a valid Georgia driver's license and my car is registered in the state. We still own a house in Colorado where my wife lives. What...

Do I have to pay child support to my ex if our son lives at college I live in ma [ 2 Answers ]

Child will be 19 living at college .I live in ma.do I have to continue to pay his mother if he is not living with her.I will be paying half his tuition.

Can you file for child support reduction in the county you live in [ 2 Answers ]

If I file for a child support reduction, can I file in the county I live in or do I have to file in the original county the case was filed in?

I live in Georgia do I have pay child support for step childer, only marrried 2 years [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Georgia do I have pay child support for step childer, only marrried 2 years. I received SSD and VA disability payments. Do I have pay child support and can my unearned money be including as income?

View more questions Search