Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chico53968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 12:58 AM
    Lawyer sueing a company that has a partner with similar name as mine..
    We have received a summons twice for a company being sued which is addressed on plaintiffs documents; but person being served has similar name as mine. Therefore concerned cause similarity of name I replied to summons in courts that this is a case of mistaken identity. Contacted the lawyer and made him aware but he still chooses to not believe me cause I keep getting documents in the mail. I am already out $300 to make statement of mistaken identity and now the lawyers who is representing himself is entering a default judgement against this company having shown he is serving them at my address and still keeps sending the documents to my address. Seems like a total scam... should I get legal help or will he have to prove that I am this partner supposedly affiliated with this company he is suing. I have not affiliation at all with the company or person with my similar name. The whole thing scares me because someone could put a lien on my home or assets and it's not even me? Please any advice HELP!

Check out some similar questions!

Company lawyer or personal lawyer for PERM, I140 & I485 [ 3 Answers ]

Company makes it mandatory to go through their contracted attorneys office for PERM application then I have the choice whether to continue with that attorney for I140 & I485 or choose an independent attorney. Either way I'm paying the fees for both the applications. Any pros or cons on this issue...

I am a partner in a company and what steps do we need to do to become a dbe company [ 0 Answers ]

What steps do we take to become a dbe company we are 50 ,5o ownership.how do we change to 51 ,49 and become a dbe company.what steps do we take to do this.we have been in business for four years

Served Summons by lawyer in behalf of a collection company [ 8 Answers ]

I was recently served a Summons from a lawyer representing a collection agency--Palisades collections LLC. Nowhere in the document does it state who the original creditor is. It actually says that I had a credit account with Palisades collection, LLC, for which I never had. It also states the...

I had a judgement against me from my insurance company I didn't know they were sueing [ 5 Answers ]

I was fully insured in 2003 when I got into accident. When talking with my insurace company the people in the car I hit were OK and I wouldn't need to keep in contact with them. So in 2004 I moved to my current address which is on my Driver licence and in 2009 I got a letter stating my licence is ...

Title company vs Real Estate Lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to make a short-sale in Arizona (I'm from New York). Should I close with a lawyer or a title company. In NY we use Real Estate Attorneys. I was told that it's not necessary in Arizona. Will I be fully protected using a title company as well as a lawyer? Thank you.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.