Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anasta Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Model
    Who is this modern femme fatale, a former model, appeared in two of the most-acclaimed crime films of the 1980s as well as a pair of groundbreaking TV crime dramas, and now teaches acting in Florida?
    bal162 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Hi:
    I'm pretty sure you're asking for Lorraine Bracco. I took acting classes late last year at the University of South Florida - where Lorraine was a guest teacher for the semester. I must say - although I'm not a big fan of Bracco as her role in "The Sopranos" - she truly impressed me with her knowledge of the stage and acting methodologies. Everyone in the class was amazed by her. I believe she teaches these classes quite often.

Also - she fills your other requirements:
    -former model
    -She was in "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "Sea of Love" in the 1980's
    -She appeared in "Law and Order" and is one of the stars of "The Sopranos"

I hope this helps!

Feb 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bal162
    Hi:
    I'm pretty sure you're asking for Lorraine Bracco. I took acting classes late last year at the University of South Florida - where Lorraine was a guest teacher for the semester. I must say - although I'm not a big fan of Bracco as her role in "The Sopranos" - she truly impressed me with her knowledge of the stage and acting methodologies. Everyone in the class was amazed by her. I believe she teaches these classes quite often.

Also - she fills your other requirements:
    -former model
    -She was in "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "Sea of Love" in the 1980's
    -She appeared in "Law and Order" and is one of the stars of "The Sopranos"

I hope this helps!
    Wonderful! Thanks a lot, this is a fantastic answer.
    Canismajor Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I disagree. A femme fatale in the classic film noir sense is a character who is responsible for a death. Bracco's characters didn't have any blood on their hands in those films. Also, I think it's a real stretch to categorize Someone to Watch Over Me and Sea of Love as two of the most acclaimed crime films of the 1980s. Films like Prizzi's Honor, Scarface, Witness, and the Accused fit the bill, but not Sea of Love or Someone to Watch Over Me.

I checked the web for references of Bracco's teaching stints at USF and couldn't find anything. Doesn't the question say the person is currently teaching there?

Look before you leap.

Feb 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canismajor
    I disagree. A femme fatale in the classic film noir sense is a character who is responsible for a death. Bracco's characters didn't have any blood on their hands in those films. Also, I think it's a real stretch to categorize Someone to Watch Over Me and Sea of Love as two of the most acclaimed crime films of the 1980s. Films like Prizzi's Honor, Scarface, Witness, and the Accused fit the bill, but not Sea of Love or Someone to Watch Over Me.

I checked the web for references of Bracco's teaching stints at USF and couldn't find anything. Doesn't the question say the person is currently teaching there?

Look before you leap.
    Thanks, but who's the actress?
    bal162 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Hi:
    So - someone isn't too happy with my response I take it. :) That's okay... just trying to help.

But, I will respectfully disagree with the definition of femme fatale... they don't always have to have blood on their hands, but they do tend to lead male characters into desperate situations.

However, you're right that Bracco doesn't really fit the mold here. I guess I just got excited after seeing the question based on the class I took from her in Florida.

Another shot - Mimi Rogers. I know she lives in Florida currently - and she was in "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "The Mighty Quinn"... both 80's crime dramas. She's done a lot of TV - including Hill Street Blues and Magnum PI... I would call those groundbreaking.

So - the only question is your definition of "femme fatale". Maybe look into her roles a little more - as I'm not overly familiar with her body of work.

Hope that helps!

Feb 28, 2007, 08:52 PM
    [QUOTE=bal162]Hi:
    So - someone isn't too happy with my response I take it. :) That's okay... just trying to help.

But, I will respectfully disagree with the definition of femme fatale... they don't always have to have blood on their hands, but they do tend to lead male characters into desperate situations.

However, you're right that Bracco doesn't really fit the mold here. I guess I just got excited after seeing the question based on the class I took from her in Florida.

Another shot - Mimi Rogers. I know she lives in Florida currently - and she was in "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "The Mighty Quinn"... both 80's crime dramas. She's done a lot of TV - including Hill Street Blues and Magnum PI... I would call those groundbreaking.

So - the only question is your definition of "femme fatale". Maybe look into her roles a little more - as I'm not overly familiar with her body of work.

Oops! You are from New Jersey! Not from Florida!
    My final answer: DARLANNE FLUEGEL, I guess this is the one that you have.

Feb 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canismajor

Look before you leap.
    Thanks for your message, I finally change my answer to: DARLANNE FLUEGEL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665. [ 12 Answers ]

Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel"...

Model Houses [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find some good information on building model houses that can withstand lateral pressure (on the internet)?

Model Cars [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know where I can find and receive windows for the Revell 2001 Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo kit. Revell-Monogram doesn't replace missing parts, they tell you to take it back to the store, which can't be done for Christmas presents because you don't know where they were gotten. Also need...

A new business model? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! What would you prefer: to create and introduct a new business model or improve an old one? :confused:

View more questions Search