Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carrieredhead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 04:27 PM
    How can I remove a double job of red semi-permanent hair dye?
    Hello, all!
    In October, I dyed my hair "medium auburn brown," a supposedly semi-permanent hair dye by Garnier Herbashine that promised to fade in 28 washes. At first, I hated it. Soon enough, though, it faded and I grew to like it.
    27 days later, it had faded significantly enough that I was driven to dye my hair again - still with a semi-permanent color claiming to disappear in 28 washes, but this time the brand was Natural Instincts and the color was "raspberry créme." The result was a screaming fire-engine red color.
    I bore it for about 4 weeks. When it still had barely faded, I used Color Oops on my hair and followed the instructions; still, my hair has a distinct light red/auburn coloring to it.
    [Summary: Semi-permanent red 27 days semi-permanent red 4 weeks - Color Oops (and a whole bunch of shampoo treatments) = auburn]. I've tried everything to rid myself of this last bit of hair dye - clarifying shampoo, head & shoulders, dishwashing liquid, baking soda, and hot showers. But nothing has worked.
    In short, what else can I do to return to my natural color?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
    bamfdoll Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2012, 01:16 AM
    The best, easiest way to fix hair color is to go to a professional stylist. Take a picture that accurately shows your natural hair color to your stylist or colorist, and they should be able to get you fixed up, no problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove this semi-permanent hair-dye? [ 26 Answers ]

About 5/6 months ago, I decided to dye my dirty blonde hair with light blonde highlights. The colour result was nice and even though it was slightly patchy I grew to like it. But once the roots started showing I started to hate it. I didn't want to start using another product, because I didn't want...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

How can I remove semi-permanent hair dye fast? [ 0 Answers ]

I semi-permanently dyed my hair a very bright auburn colour a while ago and recently I decided that it wasn't the colour for me so yesterday I bought a semi-permanent hair dye that was the same as my natural colour, only it has come out almost black and I hate it! Does anyone know any ways that I...

How do I remove red semi-permanent hair dye? [ 5 Answers ]

Around a month ago I dyed my light brown hair to a red with a semi-permanent hair dye. It will not come out and I have school in two days and they are very strict about hair dye. How do I get it out fast without spending too much money?

Semi- permanent hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my names Tori and I'm from Newzealand. And I need some help with my hair colour. I've always had blonde highlights for 1-2 years, and awhile ago I decided to dye my hair Meduim brown.. It turned abit Red/orange and my friends called me period head (as a funny joke) lol.. I kept washing...

View more questions Search