Ask
    pos_ivy_mes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 03:15 PM
    What is the name of the insurance with policy no. 73apr256553
    What is the name of the insurance with policy number 73apr256553
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 03:18 PM
    It could be anything - where are you getting this info?

My GUESS (and I work with insurance) is that it's April 25, 1973, Policy 6553.
    pos_ivy_mes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 03:21 PM
    I was in a car accident yesterday and the policy num for the person that hit me ia the one that I just gave you can you help me find the insurance co. please
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 03:25 PM
    It could be any one of a hundred companies. Was a Police Report filed? What company does the P.R. list?

You can always call the other party and ask. You should do that soon because in many States the CLAIM has to be filed within 30 days. That means you have to locate the company, get the form, fill it out, submit it.

This is a reason why the entire problem has to be posted - at least now it's narrowed down to auto insurance. What State or Country?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
    I suggest that you contact your own insurance company and report the accident to them. Let your insurance company go after the person at fault - that's a service that your company provides you. It also protects you in case the other party comes back in a few weeks claiming that the accident was actually your fault and the other driver now has a "sore neck."
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Agree, there is no way to know what company it is, just from a policy number. It should be on the police report, and depending on the location, your insurance company may be able to look it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out if someone has taken out an insurance policy out on me? [ 11 Answers ]

Is there a way to find out if an insurance policies exist under my name?

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Insurance policy no. 65561928-1? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get the insurance company with only the policy number.

Insurance Policy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem right now and hoping that someone could help me. My father was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last year and he finally passed on August 21st of this year. Here is my dilema. My sister claims that my father had a policy from this one company but when we tried to get them to pay...

View more questions Search