abby985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
    chemistry help
    which equation is not balanced? A. 2H^2 O^2 arrow 2H^2O
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 03:01 PM
    You mean this?

Count up the number of constituent atoms of each element on the left and right and see if they are equal. If they are, then the equation is balanced. For example on the left you have on oxygen molecule consisting of 2 atoms, and on the right you have two water molecules each with one oxygen atom, or two total. Hence the oxygen is balanced. Now check the hydrogen and let us know whether you think it's balanced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry question about Organic Chemistry [ 9 Answers ]

Could you explain to me why I ended up with two marks out of a possible 6 in these questions? I think that I answered them correctly but I am not sure so I would like your help so that then I may tell my instructor.

Chemistry [ 6 Answers ]

According to the equation of NA2O2 + H2O = 4NAOH + O2, how many moles of water are needed to fully react with 10 moles of sodium oxide? The balanced equation is 2Na2O2 + H2O = 4 NAOH + O2. I don't get how to start. How do you figure out the formula to use for: how many grams of water are...

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

If the column of water in the water barometer rose to a height of 38 feet, what would the atmospheric pressure be in mm Hg?

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

What is a negative ion called? Positive ion? What is HCL?

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

One gram of TNT, C7 H5 N3 O6, has 7.95x10^21 nitrogen atoms. How many hydrogen atoms are there in 1.00 grams of TNT?

View more questions Search