Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heresssjonny Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 05:22 AM
    No spark
    I've got a honda civic vtec 1.8 and when I went to start it this morning no spark! How can I test the coil at home if I can? I only have 1 positive wire going to the loom on the distributor is this right? Its stuck on my drive hmmm :mad: thank you jon.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Read sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

Feb 12, 2007, 02:29 AM
    OK yeah that's well helpful there is 1 bit don't understant though it says to check the secondary windings check resistance between A and secondary windings A is blk/yel yeah? But where do I probe the secondary windings? Also I can't see how to check the ignitor I don't even know what 1 is? I've checked relay feul pump and fuses so far all are fine. Thankyopu very much for your time you are being a great help. Jon.

Feb 12, 2007, 03:47 AM
    OK I've sorted that bit 1 thing though is you say to disconect the 2p connector this means 2 plug yeah? I've only got 1 main plug on my distributor will this mess up my reading? My engine is a b18c? Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 10:27 AM
    2P=Two pin connector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spark Plugs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1986 Oles with a V8 engine and 125,000 plus miles and the spark plugs have never been replace. My question is should I be concerned about them breaking off leaving the threads in the head? If so what can I do to prevent it?

Help I got no spark in my 93 civic [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 93 civic dx.. I was working on it today trying to see if I could find the cause of rough idle.. so I unpluged one wire I unpluged it and it idled down then died.. so I pluged it back in and went to start it up. No start, so I checked distrubiter and all plugs and am getting no spark. I...

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

No spark [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my 82 650 yamaha stared again. It had a wiing prob and lost its spark. I installed a new ignition box and coil and still nothing. The back half of the bike lights up but front half is dead. There is no fuse box on this bike (thought that was strange) so it isn't a fuse. Any...

View more questions Search