Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitrosmommy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
    How can I tell if I have ghosts in my home?
    I want to find out if there is a ghost or ghosts in our home. Our animals, 2 cats and 1 dog, American Bulldog, are not making the loud noises, banging, stomping, slamming noises that are being heard.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 02:40 PM
    You can start by recording the noises you hear. Just turn on a recorder and let it run. Then later listen to it.

Dec 13, 2011, 02:43 PM
    But we hear the noises when we are awake and the animals are in the same room with us. The noises normally happen in the kitchen and foyer of the house. Which is weird.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Then try a tape player in those areas and see what type of sounds they are and if that is truly the area they are coming from.

Dec 13, 2011, 03:19 PM
    And then what? What if the sounds aren't coming from there, even though it sounds like they are??
    saraiQ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Call ghostbusters! Otherwise, it could be infra sound, low db noises below human , but not animal, hearing range. Causes can be old vibrating pipes, faulty ac units.

Dec 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
    But with it sounding like someone is slamming the door shut, stomping on the floor, moving stuff, and no one is around, I know it is not the pipes. I have already had my boyfriend check those and they are fine. Plus his grandfather is a plumber, so.. that has been checked.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Dec 14, 2011, 05:19 PM
    How long have these noises been going on? Our of the blue or since you started living there?

Dec 15, 2011, 06:39 AM
    The little noises like my wind chime that my ex boyfriend gave me that was killed have been moving since he was killed but the actual "noises" have been happening for about 2 months maybe, that my boyfriend and I both heard. 4 months for me just hearing things.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Dec 15, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Nitros Mommy,

Welcome to this beautiful site, dear!

So, any indication? Any doubt? Any misgiving as to who can be behind the voices? If it was your ex-bf too, who heard the voices, HE as a ghost is OUT. But, can you listen to any 'added' voice, I mean the voice, other than those heard when your ex-bf was alive? Moreover, did you record the voice? Is it recorded?

Dec 15, 2011, 06:47 AM
    You need to talk with a church. One that will not only be able to remove the spirit(s), but also will explain to you how to keep the home clean.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Dec 15, 2011, 06:57 AM
    I agree with the Haunting Helper, no doubt. You can also talk to some Ghost Expert. A few questions -

1. Is there any other member in your family too, who believes in what you say?

2. Do you 'feel' the ghostly presence daily?

3. Is there any other indication of ghost, other than the 'sound'?

4. Any (sort of) disturbance?

Dec 15, 2011, 12:25 PM
    I'm not hearing any "voices", but just things moving, banging, stomping, slamming. I don't have any money nor do I have a recorder that is longer then 30 minutes. I don't know.

Dec 16, 2011, 07:17 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it. You don't need money or a recorder to understand what is going on. My advice still stands, this needs to be taken care of by a spiritually mature individual.

Dec 16, 2011, 08:58 AM
    I "feel" a ghostly" presence, things are moving without anyone moving them. I not 100% worried, I just wanna know if it is my ex bf that passed or if it is someone else that either I brought in or that came on it's own. I mainly hear these things, but my bf hears some of them. Not much. But some. But I cannot afford to have anyone to come out for this though. I want the "Ghost Hunters" to come over, but I don't know if they will. Jay and Grant are awesome and I love watching the show and I want to know from them what is going on and I know they will take every measure to check everything but I just do not have the money for anyone to come out though..

Dec 19, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Well, while Jay and Grant may be entertaining to watch... don't believe everything you see on TV. It's on TV because it's entertainment, not because it is truth.

Your best help is going to come from the church. If you want this thing removed, that is where you need to look for help. If you want to play with this spirit, contact Grant and Jay.

Dec 20, 2011, 07:46 AM
    I do understand that though. I know it is only t.v. I mean, lately I have also been seeing something like a flash of light out of my right eye. I don't know. I just hate feeling like I am losing my mind.

Dec 21, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Not losing your mind. You most likely have an unwanted spiritual guest.

Dec 21, 2011, 05:12 PM
    My boyfriend and I just want answers on what is happening and why. We want to know who is here and if there is anything we can do.

Dec 21, 2011, 09:18 PM
    It is a non-human spirit... and yes there is something you can do about it. Contrary to popular belief, human spirits do not roam the earth after death... they go to their eternity. A spiritually mature person can remove the spirit if they have a good biblical foundation. Now why it is there is a different beast altogether. If you are willing to accept it as a human spirit, it has the right to stay there, because you are giving in to that deception. You see, spiritual legalities can get rather picky... it's really how much of a hold you give them that they are allowed to stay. Why it was there to begin with can be tricky to find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there ghosts in my house? How can we know that there are ghosts [ 8 Answers ]

Are there ghosts in my house? How can we know that there are ghosts. And how can we communicate with them?

Is it possible for good ghosts to protect me from the bad ghosts? I'm scared. [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, It's been happening for years now.. but more now than ever. I forgot to add my last one, that 2 people have answered, this "whatever it is" has been with me in 3 different homes... 3 whole different cities. I've heard them, felt them, and seen them. Doing good and bad to me. Trapping me...

Ghosts [ 3 Answers ]

What do you do when in you're house nearly everyday you feel like you're being watched.And even you're other family members are saying things like they couldn't move because they felt like they were being sat on and you feel like someone's smirking at you??

Are there ghosts in my home, if so what can I do. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, hope someone can help. We are experiencing strange things happening in my house, I have senced someone always next to me, also it happens most nights in my bedroom, my telly turns over, or my dream catches start chiming, or sometimes I feel someone sitting on my bed, but the other night it...

View more questions Search