Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lomcclenton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 07:40 AM
    I received a judgment for a credit card debt from a collection agency. Several years
    Ago I negoiated with them and authorized them to deduct from my checking account a certain amount. For some reason after about 4 months this stopped. Not because of me, but on their part. What do I do?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Please provide a little more info. Was this ia judgment issued by a court or a collection agrrement with an agency? If there was a judgment issued against you, they would not have to make an agreement with you to bedit your account, they could forward the judgment to your back and ask they they levy your account. Please clarify exactly what happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection agency - debt of 15 years [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get agencies to stop calling for a debt incurred with an ex-husband from over 15 years ago. When a new one calls with the same request, I get a million calls, send them a registered letter telling them it's not my debt and to take me to court - then they just "sell" it to another...

Collection Agency - Over 2 years old debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My parents received a call from a Collection Agency regarding ME They took the info and I called them Apparently over 2 years ago I had an outstanding bill with Bell Canada I asked the Collection Agency to tell me what was on the Bill They stated they only had a dollar amount and no...

Credit Card debt in collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I became unemployed in September of 2008. Prior to unemployment my credit history was excellent. With the job market as it is now I have been unable to gain unemployment. In January of 2009 I sent certified letters and made phone calls to several of my credit card companies to lower the rate and...

Summon from Collection Agency on Old Credit Card Debt (SOL expired) [ 6 Answers ]

I received a copy of a Summons and Complaint in my mail box. It was mailed by first class mail. This Summon is from Asset Acceptance, a debt collector agency. They have bought over my Providian credit card account which has been charged off (with last activity in April 2001 - based on my latest...

View more questions Search