Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willardbay1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Can anyone tell me what to do?
    Ok so I work at this resuraunt right, it is a pretty nice one its got a 4 star rating OK! But I have this problem I am a bus attendant and have been for a little over a year now. And I really want to become server to make better money and because I'm sick of busing. So the other day I talked to 1 of 4 managers about it, and she said; "well it is good to know because I had no idea." "I mean you are a really good worker most of the time you have your bad days but for the most part you are a really good worker, you just need to talk to the other managers about it and prove to them you will work hard and you will be moved up in no time." So where I need help is this one manager named Andy, He has not liked me from the beginning and thinks I am a terrible worker. So I am really afraid to ask him, what should I do??

I have been telling some of the servers to tell him I work really good the nights I do and when I'm working I'm always trying to keep busy and letting him see that and always asking him if there is anything he needs me to do to help out. But I still do not think it is working so please, please help out and give me some advice if you can, thanks!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 10, 2007, 11:16 PM
    One down, three to go? Do the one who is the most difficult next to get it over with. There is a method to my madness -- bear with me. Push aside your awareness that he doesn't like you. Treat him as you have the first manager. Express your interest in the position and let him know you will work hard. Make it brief, pleasant and business-like. Then you'll be able to move on to the others with a more relaxed and confident demeanor. This way if there is a vote, the worst you'll get is 3 for you, 1 against and you're in! If you get the position against his wishes, oh well, he'll just have to write in here for advice where we'll be reminding him that this is a work place, everyone is there to work and disliking co-workers isn't anything new so get over it. LOL Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search