Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vtuggle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Cleared OBD codes, now can't get car inspected?
    I have a 1999 chevy malibu and all the obd codes were cleared out by advance auto and now can't get it tested with no codes what can I do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
    If you have no codes that is a good thing. It shows that your car is in proper working order. Did someone tell you differently ?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2011, 05:35 PM
    The car needs to be driven to set all the computer monitors. Once they're all set, and no MIL, you should be golden for inspection.
    Usually 2 days of driving or 50 miles.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428 View Post
    The car needs to be driven to set all the computer monitors. Once they're all set, and no MIL, you should be golden for inspection.
    Usually 2 days of driving or 50 miles.
    Kitch hit the nail on the head.
    You actually got the inspection but they cannot issue you a passing grade till the monitors have finished updating.
    Keep driving, keep driving...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a recently purchased used car inspected without tags/registration [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I purchased a car from a different state last week. It's our first car (we previously lived in a city where we didn't need our own vehicle.) We have the title signed over to us and the previous owner removed the inspection sticker and license before leaving the state. In...

Obd codes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Mercury Sable 3.0V6 and my scanner spits these 4 codes 141(o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2) 171(feul system trim lean bank 1) 351(Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction) 1744 (Torque Converter Clutch System Performance) What can I do to fix 351 and 1744

OBD Codes [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 Nissan Altima's OBD codes are P0325 and P1126. Could be the possible resolutions for these codes?

View more questions Search