Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crowelljt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Connecting my iPhone to a Lynksys wireless router?
    What password do I use?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Dec 13, 2011, 07:01 AM
    You will need to use the wireless password set on the router. If you did not set up the router you will have to ask whoever did. If you set up the router you would use the same password that you used on other devices.
    crowelljt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 05:03 PM
    Thanks "cmeeks". This is my daughter's machine. I tried to talk her through it over the phone. but,no luck.I even reset the password at 192.168.1.1 and now her laptop does not even connect.I wonder if the Linksys - "EasyLink Advisor" will solve this? Guess I'll have to go to her apartment and try to run 'setup' again. Thanks
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Dec 14, 2011, 06:49 AM
    192.168.1.1 uis an IP address not a password?
    Most home wireless routers also work as a DHPS controller and issue open IP addresses to devices joining their network.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At&T Iphone compatible wireless router? [ 1 Answers ]

I have DSL and my modem is a SpeedStream. Is this modem wireless capable? If it is, how do I set it up? Will it work with my Iphone?

Connecting Iphone to linksys router [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem connection my Iphone at home to my network, ran by a linksys router. I tried the "reset Network" on my phone, but it didn't work, still can't use wireless network on Iphone. Any help would be appreciated. Allan

Wireless router not connecting with SOME devices. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a reasonably unusual problem with my wireless router. I am running a PC (laptop with XP) and I have a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router (4 port). At various times I wirelessly connect the following: Ps3/pda/laptopx2. For a good 6 months everything would connect (often all at the...

View more questions Search