Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baiteh Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 12:20 AM
    Is a Criminal justice/Cybersecurity online degree marketable?.
    Hi academicians /experts?. was exploring the possibility of pursuing an online degree in one of the following majors.. from University of Maryland university college... Homeland security... cyber security or criminal justice
    ... now, which of the following fields pay more should one land a job say, with the federal govt, a tall order nowadays granted the current economic situation.. another big question, is the institution accredited or its just another quick ploy to milk some unsuspecting learners.. Any input is highly appreciated... Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 02:15 AM
    Assuming it is really the University of Maryland and it is an accredited college, a online degree is as good as any. Your degree does not say "online"

As for jobs and pay, it is not the highest paying field, and you will need to want to be in that area. Jobs in corrections perhaps. If you want a job with FBI consider an accounting degree perhaps or a CPA or even a law degree.

But then some state agencies pay more than the Feds in some areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal justice degree [ 1 Answers ]

A few people have told me that a criminal justice degree isn't worth getting, is that true? Like is it worth it to get it

Good Criminal Justice Online School? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking into going to a good Criminal Justice school online and was wondering if anyone knows a good Online School and also if anyone has any advice. Thanks!

Is criminal justice degree good enough for law school? [ 18 Answers ]

Is a criminal justice degree from ITT Technical Institute good enough to get into law school? And if it is, will I be prepared enough?

View more questions Search