Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccc07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
    Can I get arrested in court by paying a ticket and having a warrant
    I just got a letter from court stating that I have a warrant 2 weeks ago it become active on 11-28-11, but I don't recall getting a ticket in a long long time, do I need an attorney? Or do I just pa it and the warrents get dropped? Without seen the judge? Will I get arrested when I go to court and pay it? I've had a ticket but never to the point of a warrant
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2011, 09:19 PM
    You can not just go in and pay it. It would not get rid of the warrant. The clerk of the court can not arrest you, and may just take the money, but the warrant is still there. Most likely the clerk will call one of the court officers to arrest you.

You need to arrange though your attorney to turn yourself in and have bail arranged so you are released shortly after turning yourself in.

You will have to appear before the judge now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I apply for a state id while I have a warrant and not be arrested? [ 7 Answers ]

Crazy. Ihave an exsiting warrant and need to get a state identification for various reasons; check cashing, entering different places. And such. I wanted to know if I went to my local dmv to purchase one would I be arrested? Do they have the power? Can they even pull up my criminal record? And is...

I have an 'Alias Warrant" for traffic ticket. Will I be arrested when coming back? [ 2 Answers ]

I am apermanent resident of the USA. I pay my taxes, have a job and have never committed a crime. I got three traffic citations and misunderstood the whole "court date" issue. Now I found out there is an "Alias Warrant" for me; and I'm scared because I am not a criminal. I want to make this right...

I got arrested for 11357(b), but purchased a plane ticket before the arrest. [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought a plane ticket for Hawaii, and will be sent to a third world country to help people in need for 6 months as part of a volunteer project. About a week after the purchase, me, a friend, and his two friends were arrested for possession of marijuana. My flight leaves in 8 days, and my...

Can I violate my probation if I am arrested on an outstanding warrant? [ 2 Answers ]

I was put on probation on April 12th. I was arrested for a supposed incident that happened on the 9th. Can I be violated since the "incident" occurred before I was put on probation?

Warrant from TX, but I'm military in NC. Will I get arrested? [ 3 Answers ]

Today I got a letter in the mail saying Im subject to immediate arrest for traffic offence's. Total fines are $760 for no insurance and no license. This happened in May of 2004. Two years before I joined the military. Now I'm in NC. This is the first I've heard of this since the incident occurred....

View more questions Search