Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajandjw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 07:40 PM
    RATS in the dorm
    Can two students press charges due to rodents (mice) due to damage to belongings. I.e. Clothes and furniture (bed, dresser, shelf, etc.)?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Dec 19, 2011, 11:57 PM
    I'm not a lawyer, but I work in regulatory agency that oversees pest control. You might seek the advice of, or file a complaint with, your local health department regarding the landlord's legal responsibility to provide safe and healthy housing. If your landlord is found in violation of the local health codes, then you might have a case. The fact that you are students is not as important as your being tenants.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Dec 20, 2011, 12:01 AM
    If the situation is egregious enough, the health dept may require correction of the problem. I suspect if you are seeking damages, you are on your own, but with documentation of a violation, you have a better chance to prevail.
    amellia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 09:49 PM
    Yes they should
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
    This is not criminal, so there is no charges to press,
    Laws on damage of property vary by location, so you will have to say where you are at.

You can file a complaint with the school, the local department of health,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recipes for a Dorm kid without many appliances [ 14 Answers ]

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes that a dorm girl could cook with the kitchen supplies of a microwave and a fridge. I'm tired of living off TV dinners and ramen and macaroni and was wondering if there was a good dish I could make with only a microwave and a fridge to keep...

College dorm cable internet? [ 1 Answers ]

How would cable internet work in a college dorm. My dorm has a cable port so can I go to a cable ISP and get a modem from them and get internet. Or would they have to come over and drill or something like that?

Getting out of DORM LIFE! [ 1 Answers ]

I Have been living on my own for 2 years now, I also am a transfer student to a new college. I do not have enough credit hours to qualify to not live in a dorm room but there is NO WAY I am going to live in a dorm. What are some ways I can escape dorm life and be able to live in an apartment of...

View more questions Search