lynnrocke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnrocke
    water handle turns wrong way, after I installed new water valve
    Water handle turns wrong way after I replaced water valve in shower
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 06:49 PM
    lynnrocke more info is needed before I can give you an idea of how to change it back like it was. If you don't know the brand then describe the faucet. Does it have two handles, are they round handles or are they lever type handles, what did the valve look like that you replaced. If it is single handle what does the handle look like. Do you move it to the right for cold and to the left for hot. Or is it one handle that you rotate to the left for cold water and the further you turn to the left does it get warm>>>>> please send more info.
    lynnrocke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    lynnrocke more info is needed before I can give you an idea of how to change it back like it was. If you don't know the brand then describe the faucet. does it have two handles, are they round handles or are they lever type handles, what did the valve look like that you replaced. If it is single handle what does the handle look like. Do you move it to the right for cold and to the left for hot. Or is it one handle that you rotate to the left for cold water and the further you turn to the left does it get warm>>>>> please send more info.
    Phisher price, and this is the cold water handle, which I had to replace a water valve because it was leakind,I Fixed the leaking problem, but the handle that I reinstalled is now turning left not right as it should
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Sounds like you replaced it with the wrong valve.

Replacement valves are hot/cold specific -- I'm guessing the replacement valve you installed was a valve intended for the hot side.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 08:34 PM
    If you replaced a plastic cartridge in the cold water side, and I am just assuming that is what it looked like since you didn't say, Take the handle off turn the stem 180 degrees and replace the handle. If this does not work then it is possible that you did replace with a hot water side valve. Before you changed the insides did both the hot and cold turn the same direction, if so you may have to take out the complete cartridge and turn it 180 degrees and put it back in... remember I do not know what you have done or what you are working one, so take it with a grain of salt if I am wrong. But I hope it works.
    oopsidaisy Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2010, 09:03 PM
    If it was a Phisher Price model like you said then it doesn't matter because toys don't ACTUALLY have plumbing that works. However; if you are replacing a Price Pfister then you might have a problem ; )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Hot water turns off in shower when someone else uses water [ 5 Answers ]

The water temperature changes drastically when taking a shower when someone else turns on another faucet or flushes the toilet. Is there any way to prevent this? Thanks.

Water dripping from angle shut-off valve handle [ 3 Answers ]

I have limited plumbing knowledge so pardon the question if foolish. I have a leak under a bathroom sink that has double shut-off valves (h&c). On the hot side the leak seems to be a drip from the shut-off valve handle. The shut-off valves attach to grey plastic supply lines and are secured by what...

Installed new bathtub valve stems now "no cold water" [ 5 Answers ]

I have just replaced both hot and cold valve stems in bathtub. I did them exactly the same and now I can't get the cold water to come out. What can I try to do to fix this problem. Someone said I should have the valve open when installing? I am desperate and exhausted please help!! :(

Installed New Dishwasher Lost Hot Water [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for your help. Any advice would be appreciated. I recently installed a new dishwasher. Immediately I noticed that the hot water to the kitchen sink is completely gone. It is a single handle sink that has no flow when I turn it to the hot water side. Operation is fine on the...

View more questions Search