Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casarsa Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 11:45 AM
    What does off-set mean in this sentence in regards to unemployement
    Income from self-employment is off-set against unemployment benefits. Does this mean income from self-employement terminates your unemployement, or they take the difference away from your unemployeement check
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2011, 11:58 AM
    I'm guessing it means "they" work out the difference.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Ok, first each state has their own laws and rules on unemployment.

In GA, you are allowed to earn 50 dollars before it starts to effect your unemployment check, then after 50 dollars for each dollar earned, it takes away a dollar of unemploymnet.

Off set is to take the place of it. So you still get your unemployment but it will be reduced by the amount of your earnings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I can change english sentence to bengali sentence for free? [ 1 Answers ]

The day I saw u last time you were slim but now...

If you are a fugitive on probation and your sentence expires will you be set free [ 3 Answers ]

If my probation expires in 2012 and I remain a fugitive until it expires can they still put me in jail Probation violation in Texas

Is my wife eligible for unemployement if she has only voluntered in the last 6 months [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My question is can my wife get unemployement. She quit working at the company she was working at to take care of my grandmother as she got sick. She did not get paid but volunteered. Now she needs a job because we have no money and she now can't get a job because of this economy. Is she...

W-2 from unemployement [ 3 Answers ]

When do you get them from unemployement? And can I get it off the internet?

View more questions Search