Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xunknownx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2004, 11:20 PM
    Emergency Birth Control Pills in Canada
    Okay, I'm hoping someone can help me please! =) I'm in desperate need, okay, so me and my boyfriend decided to... well.. have... sex. And well at the end we were having worries, and we checked the condom and notices a hole the size or a pinky tip, getting more and more worried we were talking to my friend who was a big help, and I'm trying not to think of pregnancy at this point seeing as it just happened just a few hours ago I guess this question is directed to girls, but my friend sayd that I shouldn't be pregnant at all if I'm starting my period. And I ended up starting it today just 2 hours or so after we did it. Is my friend right? Or is there stuill a very large risk?

-thanks if you can help-
    -*desperate need of an answer*-
    Malcolmgrad Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2004, 11:03 AM
    Try emergency contraception just in case. Pregnancy can be prevented after intercourse by taking Emergency Contraceptive pills

Nov 10, 2004, 01:18 PM
    OK...
    Well I live in ontario canada and apparently there is a law against getting ecp or birth control with your parents consent so I really don't want anyone knowing and also I'm running out of time to take the pills because it has already been about 18 hours since we had sex so I need these as soon as possible.

Nov 10, 2004, 04:36 PM
    It is possible to still prevent it at 5 days since intercourse so don't lose hope and just get your boyfriend to go across the border and buy them they are an over the counter drug and can be bought.

Nov 10, 2004, 05:29 PM
    Its not that easy he can't go across the boarder because we are to young to drive so you... and I did see a drug called ovral at a drug store in brampton only 5 minutes from my house but I think I need parental consent and also I don't knowe if it's the right drug or not... I have be een looking it up all day and found out that overal apparently can be used as an ecp as long as you use the first 21 pills in the 28 pack and you must use 2 pills immediately and another 2 12 hours later so what can I do..
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Nov 11, 2004, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xunknownx
    well i live in ontario canada and apparently there is a law against getting ecp or birth control with your parents consent so i really dont want anyone knowing .
    That's sad. It really is...

Nov 11, 2004, 08:10 AM
    To all women regardless of age
    In British Columbia, Canada, emergency contraceptive pills are available from a pharmacist without a prescription. The Cabinet changed regulations to allow pharmacists prescriptive authority for emergency contraception. Under the new regulation, pharmacists must take a half day training session to become certified providers. So far, over 800 have already received certification. The pills cost between $8 and $15 and are available

To all women regardless of age.

Nov 11, 2004, 08:12 AM
    To all women regardless of age
    In British Columbia, Canada, emergency contraceptive pills are available from a pharmacist without a prescription. The pills cost between $8 and $15 and are available

To all women regardless of age.\

There are two types of ECP being used in Canada. One uses two hormones, estrogen and progesterone combined (Ovral). The other type of ECP uses only progesterone (Plan B). These hormones are the same ones used in birth control pills Take 2 Ovral or 1 Plan B birth control pill as soon as possible within 120 hours (5 days) after unprotected intercourse. Then, repeat the same dose 12 hours after the first dose. Alternatively, Plan B can be taken as a single dose (2 pills at once).
    Plan B is really expensive ($30) but more effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control pills [ 5 Answers ]

I was using birth control pills(CONTRACEPTIVE LD, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 Levonorgestrel 0.15 ) for 8months,on 8th months time I start had brown discharge,I went to doctor,doctor said maybe is infection OR pills is not good for you anymore so doctor gave me cream for infection & new birth control...

I messed up my birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

View more questions Search