Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chembo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
    "Bad Ground"
    I blew a 15 amp circuit. When I reset the circuit breaker I got power but now my circuit analyzer says I have a "bad ground"

Can a "bad" circuit breaker cause this?

Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
    No a defective breaker will not cause a bad ground, however the short that tripped the breaker may have burned out a ground wire or connection, and now the outlet or circuit is no longer grounded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Automatic Transmission "2" & "3" [ 9 Answers ]

2002 Ford Explorer. If I put it in "3" instead of Drive, it's in 3rd even from startup. Is this normal? I was thinking that if I have it in 3rd, then 3rd would be the maximum... that is, that it would start in 1, then go to 2 and 3 but not higher. Thanks!

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search