Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stopsnitching Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 04:51 PM
    I have a warrant in a state I don't live in anymore for unpaid fines
    I have a warrant in 1 state for unpaid fines on suspended license can I just pay the money because I don't plan on going back ever what can I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2011, 05:39 PM
    Warrants don't expire and paying the original fine doesn't get them dropped. You have to appear and settle the matter.

Warrants also are valid in any State so if you get stopped in another State you can be held for State #1.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 06:42 PM
    No, the warrant has to be taken care of, merely paying the fines will not solve it.

Also the warrant is valid in all states, if stopped or checked, they will hold you till they find out if the other state wants to pay to have you taken back. And the funny thing is, they could stop you every day and recheck every day if they wanted to.

Next since your license is suspended in the other state, you legally can not get another license in a different state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you travel abroad when you have a warrant for unpaid fines [ 8 Answers ]

Can you travel abroad when you have a warrant for unpaid fines?

407 etr unpaid fines? [ 2 Answers ]

My Brother in-law has unpaid tolls, and he moved to Australia. His bill was sent to his mothers place, which is the address from his license. Will they follow him to Australia. For $14,000, I would expect they would. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.The toll started in 2008.

Regulations for flying with unpaid fines? [ 0 Answers ]

Can you tracel from newzealand to aussie with a unpaid fine of $200 which was first a parking ticket for no rego then went to court?

How long before a warrant is issued for unpaid fines? [ 2 Answers ]

My son was fined on a (I believe bogus) assault charge. He set a court hearing date to get the fine lowered. He missed the date (today) because his car broke down and when he got to the court house, they were closed. Will a warrant be issued right away? We leave for England on Monday. Is there an...

Unpaid fines & warrents [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Independence Missouri,I was unable to pay some traffic ticket fine so they went to warrant.The fines where only $700.00 But now that they went to warrant they say I owe $2800.00.Why the $2100.00 differents.and if I paid the fines($700.00) would I still have the warrents? Thank you...

View more questions Search