Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cece20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 08:33 AM
    Didn't pay school back
    If I owe my college money can I still apply for fasfa without paying the college back?
    UhnonimuS Posts: 52, Reputation: 10

Dec 8, 2011, 11:03 AM
    I believe you can still apply, no problem. But this problem will come back to haunt you later,
    When you're getting ready to get your degree from college, your transcripts will not be released until all debt it paid...

As far as applying for financial aid though, you shouldn't have a problem, good luck!

kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2011, 11:54 AM
    You can apply all you want to but if you have defaulted on money owed to the government, you may not be eligible for title four aid, which includes some grants, loans, and work study. How do you owe your college money? If you accepted a financial aid refund and then dropped out, you likely owe money to the federal government as well. Please describe the circumstances surrounding your situation and what type, if any financial aid you received through your last school so I can give you the most accurate answer that I can.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2011, 11:56 AM
    In my experience you can apply, certainly, but how/why/what you owe and if you're in default depends on the circumstances. It's a case-by-case decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never ordered to pay child support can you get back pay [ 9 Answers ]

I have a soon to be 13 year old daughter. Her father has only seen her maybe 5 times her whole life. He has never been court ordered to pay child support but we did have a paternity test done when she about 1 year old. But he wouldn't stay in one place or keep a job long enough to get a support...

Can my school make me pay to get my phone back? [ 4 Answers ]

I was listening to music in class and the teacher took my phone up I had headphones in and my student right next to me was listening to music with his droid as loud as it would go without any headphones yet she took mine and gave it to the principal and now the principal says I must pay 15$ to get...

Do I have to pay back maternity leave pay or disability pay? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm going out on disability next week for about three-four weeks. After that, I'll be having a baby and I'll get 6 weeks maternity pay at 50%. Do I have to pay my company back for this if I quit while on leave? My benefits are under my husband.

Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I just received SS after applying for 5 years. I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a). ...

View more questions Search