Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdoscher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Shower pans
    I am ready to start the installation of a tile shower on a concrete floor. Will this PVC pan (more like a thick sheet of rubber) really allow tile and grout to stick to it.
    What must I do? Also because we are going where an old shower was, there is a floor drain cemented in, under is the old style heavy pip, circa 1960. How do I deal with this? Some of the reading I have done indicates that I need a specail drain and flange system. Thanks
    Nwptsailor Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2007, 06:18 AM
    You do need a special drain with the detachable flange. You lay your membrane overlaping your flange and then screw on the cover. The concrete base does not need to stick to the pan. The flange has weep holes so that water leaches though is channeled into the drain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about non-stick Teflon pots/pans [ 6 Answers ]

I think the non-stick stuff is called Teflon, right? Anyway, I was wondering about how long you can use a non-stick pot before it needs to be disposed of and replaced? I have 2 large non stick pots and one of them which is less frequently used is still dark black and smooth inside. The other...

Shower pans [ 3 Answers ]

When replacing a shower pan is it necessry to redo the entire walls

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

View more questions Search