Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 12:47 PM
    Whiting & Davies gold mesh card holder - rare/vintage?
    I am fully aware that Whiting & Davies is well-known for their gold mesh products especially in handbags and purses. However. I tried searching the internet for a gold mesh card holder which I recently bought at a second-hand store to verify but with no success. Inside this card-holder there was a white paper label of Whiting & Davies label. It's like a very slim rectangular compact with the gold mesh at the top lid only. Is it rare and vintage? Can anyone shed some light here? Thanks.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 7, 2011, 01:19 PM
    (I have one of their purses - it belonged to my Grandmother, its lovely!) - I'm having a hard time picturing what you purchased, is there any way you can post a picture?

I looked around a bit on-line, - is it possible that you bought a Whiting and Davis wallet? - take a look here, do any of these match what you purchased?
    http://www.thefind.com/apparel/brows...is-mesh-wallet

Dec 8, 2011, 04:51 AM
    Thanks for your reply. As requested, I am attaching some images of the gold-mesh card-holder. Sorry if my images are not sharp but just to let you know that at the hinges, there is some rust but overall the crad-holder is in excellent condition.
    Hope you can confirm if this is truly a vintage Whiting & Davies product.
    Attached Images

Movie Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 10:08 AM
    I am not an expert on Whiting and Davis. I simply have one of their purses, and love it! The best way (I think.. ) to know for sure if your item is from Whiting and Davis, would be to contact them. Here is some contact info for you:
    W&D: Contact
    Good luck!

Dec 9, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Really thankful for your help in pointing me to contact the Whiting & Davies company for further assistance with my card-holder. It's confirmed that it's truly one of their products. They manufactured this business gold-mesh card-holders from the 1980's to 1997. Also I forgot to mention that I bought this together with a Whiting & Davies gold-mesh key holder which carries the same label. Overlooked to ask the price that it was originally sold. Sigh!
    Movie Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Interesting, good job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A B1 visa holder marrying a green card holder in us [ 6 Answers ]

I already had a B1 visa... after that I got married in pakistan when my husband came frm us... then I fly to us as a tourist.. n got the court marriage done here in us... so how can I stay with my husband... in us should I change the status of my visa... or my husband could apply for a spouse...

Vintage Rare Fetish Necklace [ 1 Answers ]

I obtained a vintage fetish necklace. I need to find an expert who can help me place an appropriate value on the piece. It seems to be raw carved turquise in the shape of feet and hands with an eagle or winged form about 2-3" long and 1" high with a woman with outstretched arms on the main piece...

View more questions Search