Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livyloola Posts: 33, Reputation: -4

Dec 7, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Birthday suggestions
    Its my birthday in 3 months, I had a few ideas but now I'm going to germany with my school so my mum can not afford it, it needs to be cheap and I want loads of my friends to come do you have any ideas?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 10:28 AM
    How old are you? That makes a BIG difference.

We can come up with party suggestions but there are no guarantees loads of your friends will actually be there. How many do you plan to invite?

Did you move in with your Dad? Will the party be at his house?

Dec 7, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Im goning to be 13, I might invite up to 35 friends.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 10:43 AM
    Where? Your Mom's? Your Dad's?

That will be an expensive party - food and beverages for 35 people?

I think I would be more realistic and narrow the list down to 20 (give or take). As the hostess you pay the bill for everything, including pizza/wings at your house, so I'd look at this very carefully.

That's a lot of people to entertain, keep safe, feed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2011, 10:43 AM
    The unspoken rule is to invite as many as your age.

Will there be adult chaperones?

Dec 8, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Im with my mum, I have spoken to my mum and we have come up with 21 people, but not everyone will be able to make it. Has this given you any ideas (for me)!!
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2011, 10:29 AM
    What's the budget?

Dec 9, 2011, 05:05 AM
    Not sure as I don't know what I want to do!
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 07:54 AM
    It's the same with anything you plan to do from buying to holding a party. How much money do you intend to spend, how much money is available.

Then you go from there.

You don't shop in custom stores if you don't have "custom" money.

Dec 9, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Jessgirl01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
    Something simple, as long as you have some good music that all your friends will enjoy, a space to dance that Is relatively dark ( I know a lot of people that don't like to dance with the lights on) and food and drinks people will be happy.. Are majority of your guests girls? You could make mocktails
    Jessgirl01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Something simple, as long as you have some good music that all your friends will enjoy, a space to dance that Is relatively dark ( I know a lot of people that don't like to dance with the lights on) and food and drinks people will be happy.. Are majority of your guests girls? You could make mocktails For your friends that would be fun and all you need for that is soda and juice, you can Google recipes too. If your friends can't afford to dress up for a theme party you could have something relatively cheap like a mad hatter party where everybody has to wear a quirky hat? Invites could be sent in the shape of a hat also. I'm sure your party will be great! As long as you enjoy yourself and hang out with your friends like you would at any other party :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good birthday present for a 21st birthday? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my current boyfriend is 20 years old. I am very undecisive on what to give him for his birthday. His is going to turn 21 and there thing he could do but I can't yet. Any advice.

40th birthday celebration suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Chicago and will turn 40 February of 2011. I want to do something fun and memorable. I've thought of taking a trip or just having some kind of party here. I'm looking for help for some unique ideas. I don't want to just go to dinner. 1. I would want my 2 kids involved - they're 1 and 3...

Ex Birthday suggestions [ 8 Answers ]

Hey there, broke up almost 11 months ago, about 3 months NC, she did breaking, but still OK terms. ANyhow its her birthday coming up and little unsure. Send text or do nothing, she's in relationship I think.. I just trying to be mature about it. Obviously still care about her, but don't want to...

My Birthday Wish [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I had a birthday party and I invited all my friends, but two of them told me they could not make it. My best friend in the whole world told me she would come, but she did not. The bad thing is she had her mom call and tell me they would not get to come. They had a christmas play to go to...

View more questions Search