Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monaeshgh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 10:50 PM
    Loving a married Muslim man
    I love a married Muslim man, it is for 6 months,I can't keep distance and I love him seriously, I need him, what can I do? He also seems to love me.

I need to be with him and I can not keep away, we did not have any sex but love each other and I can not keep myself. What can I do?
    bigNavySeal Posts: 106, Reputation: 19

Dec 6, 2011, 11:15 PM
    Well I think you pretty much know the "answers" yourself, don't you? Irrespective of your religion, if you and him are really in love, you need to calculate in the fact that he's MARRIED? Is he happily married? Be careful that when you're getting too close to him it might affect his current marriage, trust issues with his wife, etc. and, perhaps, if it is what you want, leading to a divorce.. Does he have kids? If he's sure he loves you and he wants to be with you, aka marry you, that will obviously jeopardize his marriage with his wife, unless, as in Islamic tradition, he can marry a 2nd woman. In that case, is his wife willing to accept you as a 2nd wife; are you willing to accept him having another wife? If he only wants "one" wife, then it might be quite a difficult choice/decision for him, depending on his relationship with his current wife. Pretty straight forward answers, can't make much more of it, and all you can really do is talk with each other about it and he needs to decide if he is willing to jeopardize his current marriage. Perhaps you and him just have a fling... I'd be careful in what kind of state you put him.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 7, 2011, 06:49 AM
    What is your religion and what country do you live in?

You can keep your distance and break off all personal contact with him. If you work with him, keep all of your communications with him work related. If you don't, stay away from him.

Yes, it will hurt for awhile. But if you give yourself time and become involved in things that keep you busy (mentally and physically), the feelings will fade and you will heal.

Something to think about is that he is at very least emotionally cheating on his wife if he has/pursues feelings for you. Would you really want to be with a man who would pursue one woman while in a committed relationship (marriage in this case) with another one? While you may care deeply about him, he would be showing that he cannot commit to one woman and remain faithful. Do you truly want to be the one worrying about the faithfulness and loyalty of her mate?

I am also concerned that you may be misreading his feelings for you and creating a fantasy where he loves you as much as you want to love him. Have you actually discussed feelings with him?

I would let him and thoughts of him go. I would allow myself to accept that he is unavailable and off limits and, though he may think otherwise, he is not mine and never will be. I would become involved in my own life and work on my relationship with myself while I meet new people and move forward on my own path through life. I would recognize that there will be other opportunities for love in my future. I would want to find someone who is free to be with me and wouldn't put me in the position of having to hide my relationship with him or worry about who he might turn his head when he was with me.

Give yourself time and allow yourself to let him go.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 10:34 AM
    He's not available. Muslim or not Muslim (and I don't see why it matters) he's a married man who took vows with another woman.

If he wants to be with you let him divorce her and THEN approach you.

Anything else is dishonesty on his part... and yours.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2011, 08:55 PM
    It is only proper to consult his wife in matters of her husband, so ask him if you can talk to her of your dilemma.
    truth_hurts313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 09:27 AM
    I have this same issue. It's been years that I have wanted this man. He is married. Do yourself a favor and run. If he truly loved you, he would divorce her and be with you. Don't be convenient. I wish someone had been as harsh with the truth towards me. It would have saved a lot of heartache. And yes, I still love this man... a part of me always will. But I can say I love myself more. Move on sweetie, it's not going to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a black non-muslim man marry a muslim woman? [ 18 Answers ]

For the past few months I've been dating a muslim girl. I think I'm starting to fall in love with her and would love nothing more than to marry this girl. However, I am African American and she is from Jordan. She has told me that her family would most likely not approve, as they want her to...

In Love With A Married Muslim Man [ 7 Answers ]

I am a Non-Muslim Woman who is in LOVE with a Muslim man who is currently married to a Non-Muslim woman in America. He and I have both expressed OUR Love for each other, but he says that he is afraid of God so our relationship has to remain NON-INTIMATE. What can we do to make this relationship...

View more questions Search