Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckymaru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 02:42 PM
    I smell a metallic burnt smell in my living room!
    So I came home from a trip to find out my front side of the house has a burnt rubber smell. I first thought it was gas so a friend told me to call the fire department so I told them if I could have someone just check it out. The guy was very calm and said OK! Then next thing you know I had two fire trucks on my street with 20 fire guys at my door! And a ladder going up the house when I opened the door! So I let them in, they tested with there machine for gas and 4 other things and nothing! I'm 100% and so did 4 other family members! So I have a small child and I will not let her sleep in the house till I figure this order burnt metal smell out! Today I turned off the heater, I will check for stink bugs they say they have a burnt smell! We'll see that one! And to unplug the whole floor! So if not that I'm thinking I should call the elec. Guy or the heater guy? Any suggestion? This sucks!I need to figure this out soon to get my child back in! I hope I don't have to pay an arm and leg to do so!

Check out some similar questions!

Disgusting smell in my living room [ 1 Answers ]

I have a disgusting smell in my living room cupboard. Ive had my loft chemically cleaned due to the hatch being broken,no bird poo. Ive had a Scottish Gas check for a leak,no leak. Ive got a plumber and a slater coming out to work together to see if they can find where the smell is coming from.

Smell in living room no where near drain pipes [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there can somebody please help me around a year ago we built an extension on to our house which had 2 drains under it at which the builder swears he blocked up any way about 4 months ago we started to get a smell in one corner of our living room its like a sewerage smell the extension is built...

Freon smell in living room [ 3 Answers ]

I don'tknow if this is where I need to be but here goes. We have a freon type smell in the living room of our house. I think it is coming from a vent that is underneath a 12' window. We've had this smell for about 2 years or so. We've changed the filters about every other month or so. There's...

Sewer smell in living room [ 7 Answers ]

New to the forum and I am impressed with the content. I have looked everywhere on Google and this and other forums, for an answer to my problem. I have a 5 year old bungalow on a septic system that has an absorbent well instead of a weeping field. We have been experiencing a sewer smell in our...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.