Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azzobaby2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 12:22 PM
    I write a letter & 1/2 shows on one screen & 1/2 on the other screen
    I write a letter & it spreads across both monitors. I have tried dragging but it still continues to do that even with other documents. I do use both screens but only one document a piece should show up on each individual monitor. Please Help!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 6, 2011, 02:27 PM
    There are 2 settings for multiple monitors.
    1) Clone - what that does is cause you to have the same desktops displayed at one time.

2) Extend - what that does it create a separate space where you can put documents and icons etc.

You might want to check your "optins" on your word processor and see how it is treating a document. If it allows for "span" then turn that off. Otherwise you can get the condition your talking about where it continues on from one monitor to another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop shows blank screen with curson at log on screen [ 1 Answers ]

The other night my Dell Inspiron Laptop worked fine. The next morning I tred to log on, so I clicked the power button, and once I got to the administrator log on screen I got just a black screen with an operating cursor. I cannot get past this screen. I tried restarting in safe mode which has the...

When dishwasher has sand in the bottom under the screen; is water from kitchen & bath [ 4 Answers ]

Faucet polluted? L(live in apt.-do not use dishwasher) Thank You for any help!

Quicktime&iTunes update caused grey screen [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter clicked the "nag-screen" to update Quicktime, iTunes and a third Apple application on her iMac (G4 1GHz PowerPC w/17-inch built in monitor, 2GB RAM, MAC OS X 10.4.x). She is a graphic artist and is scared that all of her files and software will be lost. After making the download,...

I'm From: AIM shows up every screen I go on [ 2 Answers ]

I don't open mail unless I know who it's from. This instant message box Says "Hey, Good News! Somebody says they are your buddy and wants you to show up on their AIM Profile. Click here now to see the 1 request you have waiting" I can't get rid of this and I don't want to open it. Is...

View more questions Search