Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fidom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Total Control Electricity (Scotland)
    Some friends are extending their house and have asked me to do the wiring work. They have Total Control electricity, supplied by Scottish Hydro. I was not too familiar with the regulations appertaining to this tariff so I read the PDF on the SCARF website. It seems you can have a certain proportion of heating from panel or fan heaters which can be used at any time, whilst 60% of the heating should be from time controlled storage heaters. My question concerns termination of the panel/fan heaters. Do these have to be hard wired using fused spur outlets or can they be on 13 amp sockets? The same applies to provision of a focal point electric fire in the living room.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Any appliances such as you mention should be connected to the Ring Main using Fused Spurs.
    fidom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Sorry, I found this site from a Google search. I specified UK sites but I take it this is a US site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Total Confusion [ 7 Answers ]

Hey Folks, I met a girl online that lives on the other side of the country. We've met two times and every time we've seen each other it's been a wild and wonderful time. (Alot of sex -fyi-) She goes home eveytime with more and more feelings for me, and now we say we love each other. Two weeks ago...

Total tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 43. Yesterday she had all her teeth pulled and new ones Put in. She did OK until late last night, when she began throwing up. She Told me the teeth had to go. Now she is waiting for the swellilng to go down So she can put them back in. Is this going to happen soon, as she has...

Way to go Brits & Scotland Yard! [ 28 Answers ]

Major Terror Plot Foiled in Britain: http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=314638&sid=WOR Way to go, mates!

View more questions Search