Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolecope71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Can you use stabaliser in a pool plumbed with copper pipe
    Can you please tell me I have a pool with plumbing in cooper pipe. I want to know if it is safe to use stabaliser in it(cyanuric acid)?
    greenpools Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Yes it is safe to use stabalizer in your pool. You would not be able to maintain sanitizer otherwise as the cyanuric acid (stabalizer) is like sunscreen for chlorine. Copper is not ideal for pool water and no longer used for swimming pool construction. Better start saving your pennies for a plumbing renovation and be SURE that you understand how to balance your pH. If you do not balance the pH well you will almost certainly rot out the copper. It only takes 1 or 2 seasons of bad water. You should read the spa school tutorial at http://www.spachemicalshowto.com
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Dec 8, 2011, 08:52 PM
    Yes you should maintain your stabilizer at somewhere between 35-45ppm. As far as the copper get rid of it asap. Overtime the copper pipes will dissolve due to unbalanced pool water and it will stain your plaster first starting as blueish or greenish spots and if it gets worse enough it can turn grey on you, meanwhile the plaster is actually being dissolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching copper faucet to copper pipe attached to plastic pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

I have plastic piping in the house which leads outside and then copper piping is outside with a facet attached.. I need to change the facet with torch and solder... if I heat the old one to remove with this heat travel down the copper pipe through the wall and affect the plastic pipe.. I am worried...

Cutting a pre-plumbed Sewage Inlet Pipe [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing a basement remodel and I am just about to get to the bathroom portion. The bathroom area is pre-plumed and the sewage inlet for the tiolet currently sticks out of the cement by about a foot. My understanding is that I need to cut the pipe at or below the cement floor and then install a...

Advantage of ms pipe over copper pipe in hvac [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the advantage of ms pipe over copper pipe in chilled watter lines in Hvac

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search