Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msadler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Statute of limitations for because canada?
    The rcmp decided I was a drug dealer . They arrested me and my wife and turned my child over to the child services claiming I was a drug dealer and an unfit parent . I finally got her back, she is damaged from that . How long is the statute of limitations on this
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 01:05 PM
    On what, on how long they can charge you with the drug crimes ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Or are you planning on suing them? Can you prove they maliciously pursued for the crime?
    msadler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 03:22 PM
    I have never been charged with drug dealing my record is clean. Our house burned last month and this is about 3 years later someone from the rcmp told the investigater I am a drug dealer . Yes this is just malicous
    I have never been convicted of any crime. They keep taking my licence and charging me without having a licence I go right back to Icbc and they give me a new liecence. This I really do not understand especially because they impound my vihicle and I have to pay after waiting the time it is impounded
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2011, 04:22 PM
    If they receive a credible tip, they have to act on it. This may not be malicious.

But I would suggest you consult an attorney. I would not even think of filing suit against a government law enforcement agency without an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations in Canada [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know how long the statute of limitations is on a debt to a third party who secured a loan that was defaulted on. I am Canadian and the debt was incured here in Canada.:confused:

Statute of limitations canada [ 1 Answers ]

I lent my brother $36,000 in 2001 while he lived in New Brunswick, I live in Ontario, my brother now lives in Nova Scotia. He denies owing me the money, I had a lawyer send him a letter, he said it was a gift. Can I try to retrieve these funds, I have cancelled cheques and visa statements, but...

Statute of limitations for a will in Canada? [ 2 Answers ]

My father (legally adopted me at the age of 7) was a canadian citizen. He and my mother divorced when I was 18 (now 38) - he passed away a few years back, yet my step brother and step sister took care of his estate and will without informing me that he passed away. I am sure once the divorce was...

Statute of limitations/Canada [ 6 Answers ]

As no-one seems to have an answer to how long the duration of a debt is can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the collectability of a debt in Canada?:confused: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Statute of limitations Canada [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a bank trying to collect for a loan I co-signed for, back in 1994. Is this legal? Anyone know? Orville

View more questions Search