Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABYGURL2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 10:38 AM
    If a parent dies who is receiving disability who does the money goes?
    I am an adult and my father passed away in October of this year and I was told that I couldn't receive the remainder of his benefits because I was over 18. When I was younger I had surgery and received disability until my mom got married. My father has been disabled for several years and I never received a disability check from his disability check, how would I go about trying get his disability.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Are you talking about SSD? A private policy? Something else?

You are not entitled to benefits after he dies if you were not entitled to benefits while he was alive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I file taxes when receiving disability? [ 24 Answers ]

I am a single mother receiving social security disability. Do I need to file a tax return?

Disabled parent is receiving checks for the minor child they do not have custody [ 10 Answers ]

what if I have custody of my niece and I was just told her mother has been receiving a check for her since 1997

Will receiving child support affect my social security disability in Pennsylvania [ 2 Answers ]

If I receive social security disability in Pennsylvania, can I receive child support without it affecting my social security disability?

My sons father is receiving disability from social security can my son receive [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father is receiving disability from social security and supplemental income can my son receive a portion of this since his father is not paying child support ?

Receiving money? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I received checks for my pension plan from a place of previous employment. I was confused because I was not there long enough to be fully vested, so I called the mutual company and they said that in their contract it said nothing about being vested and that the money was mine. I even...

View more questions Search